Launch a sequence of Windows command line actions

I would like to know if there’s a way to run two command line tasks using an Action button.
I was thinking that perhaps Hyperlinks may work but I am not having a lot of success.
Of course this app will only every be run from a Windows PC

The first creates a folder “D:\OneDrive\DaySheets” & [OrderId] where [Orderd] comes from the App.
The Second launches PDFill.exe to MERGE all the PDF’s in the folder “D:\Downloads\Test” into a single PDF and saves it in “D:\OneDrive\DaySheets” & [OrderId]

The commands need to be something like:

1. md “D:\OneDrive\DaySheets” & [OrderId]
  2. “C:\Program Files (x86)\PlotSoft\PDFill\PDFill.exe” MERGE “D:\Downloads\Test” “D:\OneDrive\DaySheets” & [OrderId] -bookmark 1
Solved Solved
1 2 268
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In order to implement a solid cross-platform solution, I’d go with one of the following:

• Using only AppSheet, avoid merging PDFs. Instead, try to use templates if possible
  • If you really need to call batch files, then I’d suggest to use a web service and in Appsheet define an action of type External: go to a website

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In order to implement a solid cross-platform solution, I’d go with one of the following:

• Using only AppSheet, avoid merging PDFs. Instead, try to use templates if possible
  • If you really need to call batch files, then I’d suggest to use a web service and in Appsheet define an action of type External: go to a website

Thanks. I feared that may be the case.

For my application, I do need to run batch files because I am merging pre-existing PDFs, I can’t create them on the fly.

However I think I have found an alternative solution. I will use Outlook VBA to some of the work and create a simple CSV that I will import into AppSheet to update the values there. Messy but simpler.

Thanks for your confirmation.

Top Labels in this Space