Let's say I have three tables A, B, and C. C...

Let’s say I have three tables A, B, and C.

C has ref columns to A and B. I would like to have C populated with a row for each value of B whenever a row is added to A (as well as a ref to the newly created row in A). Is that possible?

0 8 358
8 REPLIES 8

Check out the Actions section under Behavior. It should allow you to create an action that will create a new row in table C every time a new row is added to A.

Any where I can find some examples? I can’t get actions to work for me.

A google search for ‘appsheet actions’ should provide a decent list of examples. Here is one I just found appsheet.com - AppSheet : mobile apps from spreadsheets : Maintenance Overview - AppSheet AppSheet : mobile apps from spreadsheets : Maintenance Overview - AppSheet appsheet.com

Thanks. It seems I should have been less specific in my Google search.

@Sam_Drost Sam did you ever get this action to work?

I am running into a similar sitution.

Unfortunately, I have not. I found out how to add rows in another table when a row is added in one table, but I haven’t figured out how to make the rows reference a third table.

@Sam_Drost the same rows that we’re added in the first table?

You figured out how to add them to second table?

This video was the closest I could find, but it only shows how to reference one table when you add rows, I need to reference two tables. youtube.com - Reference Actions Demo - AppSheet Office Hours Excerpt Reference Actions Demo - AppSheet Office Hours Excerpt

Top Labels in this Space