Limit Response Data to only user's submissions

airind

Hello! I saw Limiting Users to Their Own Data | AppSheet Help Center and tried the suggestion of [EmailColumn] = USEREMAIL() in my show if statement.

I have a form, and I want users to see only the responses theyโ€™ve submitted.
I have two columns now that register submitter email address: one called Email Address and then one called SupportTM_Email. Email Address auto computes useremail(), SupportTM_Email has a formula that is =USEREMAIL(). The only reason I have two is because I canโ€™t get it to work lol. The unrestricted response sheet populates with their email addresses in the response.

However when I use [Email Address] = USEREMAIL() or [SupportTM_Email] = USEREMAIL(), it says it cannot find the column. Yet both columns exist. I added them to the view thinking it was that, didnโ€™t help.

Iโ€™m sure this is an easy fix but Iโ€™m lost. Can you tell me how I can limit a response view to only the userโ€™s entries?

Solved Solved
0 8 505
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see. Show_If on the UX->View definition is not the correct spot for this, that is for showing or not showing the entire View. What youโ€™re wanting to do is to filter out only some records from the Table. That expression should be enter in for a Security Filter, or a Slice. Check out this thread it should give you a lot more info.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Are we talking about slices here?
What is a โ€œresponseโ€?
Can you provide some screenshots of your data structure and wherever you are having issues with these expressions?

airind

Can you tell Iโ€™m new?
Itโ€™s a primary view that I want restricted to only their own responses. But Iโ€™m open to another way of achieving this. Iโ€™m attaching screenshots of the view, columns, error. And Iโ€™ll show what it does without any show if (blurred so I donโ€™t get in trouble with my work)! Itโ€™ll need to be one per reply as Iโ€™m restricted as a new forum user. Here is the view: 3X_8_f_8f62b5e5d5af849d1787434fcc98db19d5f36903.png

airind

The error

airind

Finally the view without showif.

Though itโ€™s blurred, the email address and supporttm_email columns populate with the form submitterโ€™s info.

I see. Show_If on the UX->View definition is not the correct spot for this, that is for showing or not showing the entire View. What youโ€™re wanting to do is to filter out only some records from the Table. That expression should be enter in for a Security Filter, or a Slice. Check out this thread it should give you a lot more info.

airind

I told you I was new lol! Ok MUCH closer. If I use USEREMAIL() = [Email Address] in the security filter for the data table, it does exactly what i want. But if I create a slice and put that same formula in the row filter condition, it doesnโ€™t filter the data.

Can I do something like USEREMAIL() = [Email Address], unless your role is admin then see everything?

airind

Nevermind. I figured it out. Created a UX view with my slice.
Marc you are my HERO!!!

Please remember if your Data is sensitive, and you need to be 100% sure others wonโ€™t see others data, you should use Security Filter.

Top Labels in this Space