Limiting nested rows

Within a set of related tables I end up with data about a house. Related to that house I want to add only 1 insurance (1-to-1-relation). You can add rows to the insurance table but I want to limit that to 1. When the 1 insurance is there “Add” should disappear. Is there a way to do that.
Set “Max. nested rows” to 1 does not prevent from creating a next row. Only doesn’t show more then 1 in the first in-line view.

0 3 505
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, it is possible.

You must create a read only slice of the insurance table.

Then, you create a virtual column in your house table, almost with an equal formula like the VC auto created showing the insurance table, but change your custom VC to point to the slice instead of the table.

Then, you create a ref view of that slice (if you don’t to this, the app will use the same inline view as of the original insurance table…so it will have an add).

Then , in the original auto created VC , put a show if formula, something like count([insurance])=0

In your custom VC, put count([insurance])<>0

Basicaly, you make two inline views of the insurance, one original editable and one readonly, each being shown when the other is hidden.

Thx. Not an easy way, but I’ll give it a try.

Possibly this could be good reference point for you.

Top Labels in this Space