Link in E-Mail to fire an Action Is it possi...

Link in E-Mail to fire an Action

Is it possible to include a Link in an E-Mail Workflow Template that fires an Action? Right now I include a Link that opens the Detail View of a row and the user can click on the Action “completed”. But I would like to fire the Action right out of the E-Mail, so that the user does not have to open the App.

0 3 2,625
3 REPLIES 3

You can set a datetime column in your sheet and record NOW() value in that column for a particular row with AppSheet API which will also triggee that action button.

@Levent_KULACOGLU Could you explain a little bit more please? I’m sorry, but I don’t understand.

@Fabian, @LeventK, did you work this one out? i studied:
https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1980031-invoking-an-action
i have a link:
https://api.appsheet.com/api/v2/apps/cad41c55-8623-4549-ac81-c989d0129f84/tables/HRF16%20WEEKLY%20WE...
and i know the JSON body below works in a report in the same APP where Reaction is WEBHOOK works fine but would not comply with the above article:

{
“Action”: “Edit”,
“Properties”: {
“Locale”: “en-AU”,
“Location”: “47.623098, -122.330184”,
“Timezone”: “AUS Eastern Standard Time”,
“RunAsUserEmail”: “esosurveyors.com.au@gmail.com
},
“Rows”: [
{
“Line #”: “<<[Line #]>>”,
“DATE REPORTED TO PAYROLL”: “<<CONCATENATE(INDEX(LIST(“Sun”, “Mon”, “Tue”, “Wed”, “Thu”, “Fri”, “Sat”), WEEKDAY(DATE(NOW()))),” “,if(len(concatenate(DAY(NOW()),”"))=1,“0”,""),DAY(NOW()),"/",if(len(concatenate(MONTH(NOW()),""))=1,“0”,""),MONTH(NOW()),"/",YEAR(NOW())," “,concatenate(if(len(concatenate(HOUR(TIME(NOW())-“00:00:00”),”"))=1,“0”,""),HOUR(TIME(NOW())-“00:00:00”)),":",concatenate(if(len(concatenate(MINUTE(TIME(NOW())-“00:00:00”),""))=1,“0”,""),MINUTE(TIME(NOW())-“00:00:00”)))>>"
},
]
}
==========================================]
according to the article i have to say this instead:
“Action”: “EXECUTE CLIENT APPROVE ACTION SEQUENCE”,

what i cannot work out is:
where do i configure in the APP
the reaction Webhook JSON body
to an email recipient clicking the above link?

and
the link specified Slice HRF16%20WEEKLY%20WEDNESDAY%200h%20TO%20TUESDAY%2024h selects the correct rows,
and “Action”: “EXECUTE CLIENT APPROVE ACTION SEQUENCE”, specified the actions and columns i want changed,
so:
what is the correct “Rows” statements i need to make?

thanks, Team.

Top Labels in this Space