Linkform not working

reagen

Hi,

I’ve been dwelling with my linkform formula not working for sometimes and after reading some of the post I still not understand why its not working.

Goal: I want to Prefill the CID from table 1 to table 2
Table 1: the source of CID
table 2: prefill CID from table 1

How I imagine the workflow is
User will see the dashboard view for table 1 and when they click through they can copy the CID into table 2

I’m setting a behaviour where app: go to another view within this app

formula I tried
LINKTOFORM(“bast1 Form”, “cid”, [cid])
LINKTOFORM(“bast1 Form”, “cid”, [_THISROW].[cid])

Please help as I dont get the idea why is this not working

Thanks in Advance!

Solved Solved
0 10 414
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your LINKTOFORM() expression targets bast1_form, but the correct form name is bast 1_Form. The upper/lowercase F doesn’t matter, but the space between bast and 1_Form must be there. Try that.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In what way isn’t it working? Does the action button not display? Does it display but do nothing? Does it take you to the form but not fill in the data? How is it not working?

reagen

Hi Steve,

Sorry for not being clear. When I press the action button it leads to blank page

Please refer to the images

That suggests the form you reference with LINKTOFORM() doesn’t actually exist. Is the a form named bast1 Form in the UX >> Views tab of the app editor?

Yes, in the ux it shows under reff views

This is the formula that i use

This is the table i mentioned

Your LINKTOFORM() expression targets bast1_form, but the correct form name is bast 1_Form. The upper/lowercase F doesn’t matter, but the space between bast and 1_Form must be there. Try that.

Hello, Steve,

I have a similar problem with my action LINKTOFORM (described below). In my case expression seems correct…

No idea where to dig… Only importance of same kei id’s come to my mind…

Please start a new topic for your problem and include a complete description of the problem. I’m not inclined to reread a past thread and trying to imagine how it relates to your problem. Much easier for me if I can consider your problem alone.

OK. Sorry for that, I have no good habits in using community tool.

reagen

Thanks alot in pointing all the steps Steve!

Similar case and trouble.
In my case: action button doesn’t appear in a parent view. But both tables are related and I can add a new record from the parent view, but it’s not prefilled as not connected through this action…

My expression has a correct target view name:
LINKTOFORM(“ZLECENIA_PODWYKONAWCY_Form”, “ID ZLECENIA”, [ID CRM], “ID DZIALANIA”, [ID DZIALANIA], “PODMIOT”, [NAZWA KLIENTA], “NR SERYJNY”,[NR SERYJNY],“ADRES DŹWIGU”,[ULICA],“MIASTO”,[MIASTO], “PRODUCENT”,[PRODUCENT],“ZAKRES ZLECANYCH PRAC”,[PRZEDMIOT ZGŁOSZENIA])

Thinking if that’s not related to a key id in both tables…

I’ll appreciate any help…

Radosław

Top Labels in this Space