LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW using string in column

YGY
Silver 1
Silver 1

I have a column shown in a Detail View. The column has a list of terms (e.g. below). I would like to create an Action that when chosen, goes to a filtered view showing results that contain any of the words in the list found in column [Faculty].

List Example:
Health Services
Business
Public and Human Services
Industrial and Engineering
Technology

Thanks to anyone able to help.

Solved Solved
0 4 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. I believe your expression can be something like below for a static list

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œYour View Nameโ€, IN([Faculty],{โ€œHealth Servicesโ€, โ€œBusinessโ€, โ€ฆโ€œTechnologyโ€}))

Or as below for a dynamic list. You could add a suitable SELECT() expression for a more qualified dynamic list.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œYour View Nameโ€, IN([Faculty],Table Name[Faculty]))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I believe you may wish to mention if you wish a combined filtered filtered view for all those words together? Also if so, are the words in the list constant that you have listed or can they vary?

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar

I wish for a combined filtered view and the words in the list will vary, so Iโ€™m looking for advice on a solution that would work for whatever happens to be in the column.

Thank you. I believe your expression can be something like below for a static list

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œYour View Nameโ€, IN([Faculty],{โ€œHealth Servicesโ€, โ€œBusinessโ€, โ€ฆโ€œTechnologyโ€}))

Or as below for a dynamic list. You could add a suitable SELECT() expression for a more qualified dynamic list.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(โ€œYour View Nameโ€, IN([Faculty],Table Name[Faculty]))

Thanks very much @Suvrutt_Gurjar - worked a charm!

Top Labels in this Space