LINKTOFORM action not displaying icon on view...

LINKTOFORM action not displaying icon on view or opening form.

I have a LINKTOFORM action setup on table “recipe_selecteds” with the following expression: LINKTOFORM (“meal_plan_detail”, “recipe_id”,[recipe_id]).

“meal_plan_detail” = form to open “recipe_id” = field in the meal_plan_detail form to populate [recipe_id] = field from “recipe_selecteds” to grab data

Any ideas on where the formula is incorrect? Looking at this one waaay too long.

Thanks

0 21 1,565
21 REPLIES 21

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Are you saying that the action button itself doesn’t display on a detail view? If that’s the case, I’d check the display prominence of the action. I’d also look at the action condition and make sure that it’s doing what you want. If your view is of a slice, you can check to make sure that the necessary columns are included in the slice.

Yes - no button on the detail view. I’ve checked the items as you’ve mentioned above - here goes:

*Display Prominently is selected. *Action condition is TRUE and tried to leave blank as well - still no button. *View slice does contain the field I’m looking to populate.

Yes but I’m looking to have the user start from the recipe_box_edit_only view so the button would need to be accessible from this view. Should I not create the action on this data table “recipe_selected”?

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez I’m unable to follow the details of your app. But you should know that: - An action is defined for a particular table and its slices - An action will only show up in views for its table and slices

So if you want an action to show up on a particular view, you need to make sure the action is defined on the table of that view.

Yes. the action is setup on the recipe_selected table as this is the view I’d like to have the button displayed on.

for some background, the user will use their recipe box (recipes_selected) to select a recipe. Upon selecting the recipe, they should see a button to click on in order to add it to their meal plan.

The meal plan view would appear and they can select the appropriate week and/or make adjustments to the meal plan.Hope this helps

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez The instructions that you gave me directed me to meal_plan_weekof, though. You can see which table you’re looking at in the preview window of the editor. Below your app’s preview, you’ll see a “Data: …”

Sorry Tony, I sent an immediate follow up above - here it is for quick ref: Sorry Tony, just got back to my desk and lost my train of thought.

Here is the correct path:

From the home view in the My Meals deck option click on the box icon and select one of the recipes. I’d expect to see the button here (recipe_box_edit_only).

Looking for meal_plan_details view to popup. This one is accessible by clicking on My Meals from Home Screen and then the + button to add the record.

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Now I understand. The issue is that navigation actions are not available in bulk action mode. This is because it doesn’t make sense to select multiple rows and then navigate to “all of them”.

Instead, make an inline action, which will appear as an icon in your table.

I’ll give it a go. Thanks Tony

Sorry Tony, I’ve tried Display Overlay and Display Inline and no luck - no icons anywhere. What’s odd is I have another very similar action that works perfectly.

Its set to display overlay and appears in the detail view of the table (reference: select_recipe_hdr) as I would expect this scenario to work.

Hi Tony, I’m redesigning the functionality.

Thanks

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Hmm, okay. Can I take a look at your app? I’ll just need the app name and directions on how to get to the view where you expect the action button to show up.

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez When you select “Display inline” for an action, you can also specify a “Attach to column” setting. That will make the action icon appear next to a chosen column’s value in table and other “inline” views.

3rdArm-506404 Click on My Meals from Home screen Click on + button to add a record and this is the screen I’d expect to see the button on. Action: select_box_recipe

Thanks Tony

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez I think there’s a misunderstanding. Actions won’t show up in a form view (i.e. the view that is displayed when you click on the “+” button).

Sorry Tony, just got back to my desk and lost my train of thought.

Here is the correct path:

From the home view in the My Meals deck option click on the box icon and select one of the recipes. I’d expect to see the button here (recipe_box_edit_only).

Looking for meal_plan_details view to popup. This one is accessible by clicking on My Meals from Home Screen and then the + button to add the record.

Hi Tony been reading through some of the posts and found this one I was referencing ->

DEEP LINK Expression Question:

LINKTOFORM(“custom task form”, “Related PM Tasks [Company].[company]”,"[_this]", “Related PM Tasks [company].[Unit Tag#]”,"[_this]")

I have a table named “Site Equipment” that holds information as the name suggests. I then also have a table called “PM Tasks” that holds tasking information for said piece of equipment.

I am trying to create a action on the site equipment “View”, that opens the “PM Tasks Form” so I can add a task to the equipment.

I can get the “PM Tasks Form” to open, BUT it is not filling in the referenced site equipment information.

i.e. pulling in the company info, unit tag#, etc… Which is does do when I simply hit the ‘new’ button on the referenced view table.

Why is it not pulling in the referenced information from the page the ‘action’ button is situated on?

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez The data for that view is meal_plan_weekof, a slice of meal_plan. There’s only one action available for that table (meal_plan_status_sendtoshop), and that’s what shows up as the available actions.

I also tried creating a virtual column on the recipe_selecteds table, column Type = APP and inserted the linktoform expression in the app formula along with the grouped action GoToApp Link. This I have working successfully elsewhere for another scenario but it doesn’t work here.

Top Labels in this Space