Linktoform help

There is a phone number table with columns Key and Phone number with type enum and base type phone.

A user attempts to add a possibly new phone number using the form of that table. If its already there then it should show up, and if it is not, then a new entry would be made.

What I want is to be able to navigate to two different views based on the status of the phone number entered. If its a new number then it should go to a customer entry form. If its an existing number then it should go to a sales form involving that customer who has that phone number.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Solved Solved
1 1 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found a solution myself though, again after posting the problem.

I added a virtual column in the phone number table that displays the customer name from the customers table, using any(select()).

If a new entry is made then the customers column should remain blank.

Then I defined a navigation action using IFS that takes one to the โ€˜New customerโ€™ form if the customers virtual column is blank, and to the โ€œNew Salesโ€ table if the customers virtual column is not blank.

If anyone has a better workaround, please let it be known. Otherwise I will mark my answer as the solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I found a solution myself though, again after posting the problem.

I added a virtual column in the phone number table that displays the customer name from the customers table, using any(select()).

If a new entry is made then the customers column should remain blank.

Then I defined a navigation action using IFS that takes one to the โ€˜New customerโ€™ form if the customers virtual column is blank, and to the โ€œNew Salesโ€ table if the customers virtual column is not blank.

If anyone has a better workaround, please let it be known. Otherwise I will mark my answer as the solution.

Top Labels in this Space