LINKTOFORM image problem

I use LINKTOFORM in part of my app to copy records from one table to another. The record to be copied from has an image url from another app. I want that URL to be copied into an “image” column. Here’s a sample URL:

https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=180906MyKan3-230844&tableName=Notebook&fil...

When I copy it, it becomes

Notebook_Images/jsCdq2QU.Image.121515.jpg

which, of course, doesn’t work.

Is there a way around this? I would like to be able to reuse the images from other apps and using this kind of URL is the only way I know how to access them.

P.S. I wouldn’t mind if I could get AppSheet to actually copy the image, with a new name, and save it to the cloud, but I don’t know how to make it do that.

0 3 285
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Just a guess, but try setting both columns to use the same folder for image storage and maybe the relative path will work in both tables.

I’ll think about that but it would be great if I didn’t have to do it manually. The old images are already where they are so I’m hoping to find a way to pull them in.

I realized that the best solution in this case is just to copy the folder from the other app into the directory in Google drive for this app. That works perfectly.

Top Labels in this Space