LINKTOFORM image problem

I use LINKTOFORM in part of my app to copy records from one table to another. The record to be copied from has an image url from another app. I want that URL to be copied into an “image” column. Here’s a sample URL:

https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=180906MyKan3-230844&tableName=Notebook&fileName=Notebook_Images/jsCdq2QU.Image.121515.jpg

When I copy it, it becomes

Notebook_Images/jsCdq2QU.Image.121515.jpg

which, of course, doesn’t work.

Is there a way around this? I would like to be able to reuse the images from other apps and using this kind of URL is the only way I know how to access them.

P.S. I wouldn’t mind if I could get AppSheet to actually copy the image, with a new name, and save it to the cloud, but I don’t know how to make it do that.

Just a guess, but try setting both columns to use the same folder for image storage and maybe the relative path will work in both tables.

2 Likes

I’ll think about that but it would be great if I didn’t have to do it manually. The old images are already where they are so I’m hoping to find a way to pull them in.

I realized that the best solution in this case is just to copy the folder from the other app into the directory in Google drive for this app. That works perfectly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes