Linktoview doubt

Sebastiao
Participant I

Hello! I am trying to build a menu based on 3 separate images using “Linkview” to link each image to different tables but all three are going to the same table. How can I separate each image to target different tables?

0 11 789
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Sebastiao,

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

Could you please mention if you have three views for those three tables? As the name suggests, in general ,LINKTOVIEW() syntax includes the view name to navigate to.

Also just in case it helps, you may wish to take a look at similar implementation that you are looking at in the following sample app.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Example-of-how-to-make-a-gallery-view-of-clickable-icons?appGuidStr...

Hi Suvrutt,

Thanks for your reply! Yes I have three views but don’t know exactly where to link each image to each view. On the spreadsheet? Or there’s any place in appsheet? I am lost on this, so I created a new Action inside “Behavior” targeting to linktoview but this is targeting all three images on menu to the same view as you can see on the attached image.

Hi @Sebastiao,

Thank you for sharing details. Did you get a chance to look at the app I shared?

Icon Main Menu

Incidently there was another thread post in the community yesterday on similar requirement wherein @lynn and @Aleksi have shared their guidance.You may wish to take a look at that post and approach as well.

The app referred by @lynn is

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Monthly-inspection-forms-for-emergency-response-electrical-safety-f...

Steve
Participant V

The table data displayed in a view is determined by the view configuration:

Therefore, if you want each image to take the user to a different table, your LINKTOVIEW() expressions for each image must target a different view.

Hi Steve!
Thanks for your information. I think I moved forward, but still not where I want. Attached I am sending 3 images to explain better. I have a main menu with 3 images. From there, I’d like each image to be clickable and go directly to different calendar options but it’s going to a “detail image” with the “go to view” instead. This step is unnecessary and clicking the menu image going directly to the calendar would be what I need. Any suggestion to solve this please?

Sebastiao
Participant I

Thanks Steve for your attention! But I still don’t understand where exactly to insert and select each views. Is it a line in the spreadsheet beside each image? I am lost on this, so I created a new Action inside “Behavior” targeting to linktoview but this is targeting all three images on menu to the same view as you can see on the attached image.

Sebastiao
Participant I

Hi Suvrutt!
Thanks for your reply again. I think I moved forward, but still not where I want. Attached I am sending 3 images to explain better. I have a main menu with 3 images. From there, I’d like each image to be clickable and go directly to different calendar options but it’s going to a “detail image” with the “go to view” instead. This step is unnecessary and clicking the menu image going directly to the calendar would be what I need. Any suggestion to solve this please?

Best regards,
Sebastiao

Hi @Sebastiao,

Looks like you are using the card view as your initial view to navigate further. As suggested in sample apps shared in this post thread earlier, you may wish to try with either Gallery view (as in Icon main menu app) or deck view (as in Rig Inspection app) to navigate further to other views.

If you are using card view, you can set actions to naviagate to and set them in card view settings as below. However I believe clicking on image in card view will still take you to the detail view of that single record. As per my understanding Card view is better used as a single record details 's summary view. For navigating to other views, gallery or deck view set up is more suitable.

Hope this helps

Sebastiao
Participant I

Even with “gallery” or “deck view” goes first to the “detail view”, making necessary to click on a “go to view” link to go to the calendar.

Sebastiao
Participant I

Hi everybody,
Still need a solution for this problem. My first screen app is a menu based on images that I’d like to direct to calendars, daily agenda, etc. The problem is that clicking on the images open the “detail view” with the “go to view” link to then open the calendar. I don’t want this step and would like to click on the image and open the calendar, but didn’t find yet a solution. Any help?

Hola Sebastiao y a todas las personas,

Yo uso en la tabla varias columnas para hacer menu,

frankikoch_0-1654930243042.png

En la columna vista pones el nombre literal de la vista que quieres tener una vez apretado el boton interactivo. 

En la tabla  del menu en appsheet tienes que crear una columna virtual y pones la siguiente expresion

frankikoch_1-1654930443386.pngfrankikoch_2-1654930486837.png

Pones el nombre de la columna [VISTA] y el nombre de tu app y el codigo.

y por ultimo te vas a la vista del menu interactivo

frankikoch_3-1654930634935.png

Y en behavior, abajo del todo pones la opcion Go to App link.

Y con esto deberia funcionar.

Top Labels in this Space