List of items in a form

Hi
I have a form in which a customer need to fill the products he wants to order.
The relevant tables are:
Products - list of items and the prices
Orders- ID for each order (parent of Order_Detailes)
Order_Details - holds the list of chosen products for each order
Customers

I have a form in which a customer fills the products but in order to add a new item the main form โ€œopensโ€ a new one, like in here:

• these screenshots are from an example app โ€œOrder Captureโ€

It means that for each product the user needs to open a sub_form instead of doing it in the same form. this is quite annoying and not friendly for users/customers.

Is there an option to insert the list of items inside the main form with an option to add a new item and select the quantity? or something like โ€œadding to a cartโ€ option?

I have tried โ€œDrop-down from valif_ifโ€ and โ€œDependent drop-downโ€ but thatโ€™s not the solution.

Thanks a lot
e

0 2 417
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @eco_lbo! I was looking through inquiries that havenโ€™t been replied to yet and noticed this inquiry from you. I donโ€™t work for AppSheet (Iโ€™m just another user) but, on behalf of the AppSheet community, Iโ€™d like to apologize for the delay in responding. Usually, the community is pretty good about helping new members but I guess your post slipped through the cracks, so to speak.

I looked at the sample app and found that โ€œOrder detailsโ€ has a โ€œrefโ€ formula. That, I think, is what is behind this somewhat atypical form behavior. I think it should be quite easy to avoid this kind of behavior if you prefer โ€“ just keep the data to be typed in in one table.

At any rate, though Iโ€™m rather late to do so, Iโ€™d like to welcome you to the community. If you have trouble building an app, I hope weโ€™ll be able to help.

Need some help just like explained above, thank you.

Top Labels in this Space