Actually, I posted series of my qustions which have been accumulated so far onto the QA space in the previous semior, but yet seeing answers and advice. I believe those type of question could be presented to you, as specialist for Automation. Subjet to your time, it is greatful if we could see your answers and clairication so that we understand anatomy more deeply and precisely.
– List of Questions –
• What is the initial input set ups of ADD/LOOK UP? does? In case we set it to ADD, and select [ID] : [ID], it actually update the existing row, now to ADD. Likewise, we set it up to LOOKUP, but add [ID] : Uniqueid(), it actually not update, but just ADD. Either set , ADD or UPDATE, the we do not pass ID field to initial input, but pass other non-ikey column, it will always ADD the row.
• Adding step for returning value, there are two ways to achieve. One is to add step to return value (naked return value), in other way, is to separately create process which wrap a step for returning value, then we call this process rather than adding naked one. On those two different cases how, can we call the returned value, with step name . variable notion. Same dot operator will do the jobs?
• Modularity sounds good, but actually it causes the problems in practical sense when we edit apps. Copy BOT operation is super dangerous. We simply assume that the BOT is duplicated as well as the Process inside the source BOT is going to be copied. But it is not. When we work on the copied bot then apply changes, the same change is going to be applied to the source bot, as process, tasks are shared across multiple BOTs. How can we avoid?
• One we start to work on new BOT, we keep creating new task, process etc, most likely the app creators without knowing. In the middle of working on new BOT, I abort the jobs and delete the bot. BOT is deleted, but the task, actions, process BOT generating process generated until then still alive. How can we delete those task/actions/process along with BOT itself, provided that such task/actions/process will not have any dependency, i.e. not being employed in other BOT or places? We found out it is frustrating and things are messed up at the end, once we create new bot, and stop, delete and open new BOT and abort it, then we will find bunch of Actions, Process tasks, basically we don’t know which one is right ones and ones we NEED to delete. Need a guidance to avoid such a messy situation. And what is going to be the BEST PRACISE to avoid such a mess.
• Step of “Branch on a condition” is taking the values from the immediate parent steps? Without input? Or it may take the row values from row at the time event is triggered?
• Step of “Branch on a condition” can be used like a data change event listener? Let s assume we add step right after step of call a Process which and where task will do change value in a row. Right after that we add new step for “Branch on a condition”. For this yes/no check expression, the expression like we used to use in workflow event, like [Co1].[_thisrow_after]<> [Co1].[_thisrow_before] kinds of expression would work? If this returns TRUE, do another bits and pieces. IF false, what is the best option with us to stop the whole operation. Just return value, STOP or something, which will not gonna be used anywhere though?
• Based on the past experiences with action/workflow, our understanding is that action will only change the values in target row and field. But now, my understanding is that STEP will do add new row as well as update row value operation as well, which is bit confusing. What is the intention and notion behind that step is now capable of changing (update) row value as well as add new row?
• I have BOT1 which is set to Table1. Another BOT2 is sitting on Table2. Also we have table 3.BOT1 will change the value in Table2. BOT2 will change the value in Table3. BOT can trigger another bot, so once BOT1 is fired, then BOT2 could be run as well. However, can we wrap those BOT1 and BOT2 into one BOT? In this single BOT, how can we set it up to run BOT2 inside single BOT? BOT2 will not have data change event listener… But need to be fired when Table 2 value is changed. Is it technically impossible to wrap to single app, but need to stay with 2 separate BOT?
• Hypothetically, BOT could run into infinite loop. The easiest case will be BOT is triggered by update row / field. This bot will do change the field value. Once this BOT is run, BOT will not be re-run otherwise, BOT will be keep updating row forever. BOT will not be re-triggered by data change event which is caused by themselves? I tested with simple scenario, but BOT only run once. I just wanted to know why it happens. (and infinite loop NOT happens)
• BOT is not able to change usersetting values, but is it on the roadmap?
• Once multiple BOT is prepared, then we don’t know which tasks, process are depending on other BOT etc. Need to get the relational maps to see visually the relationships. Ideally, we wish to see from task, process side that what BOT is associated with them. IF nothing, then we could delete easily when we need to clean up.