Hi AppSheet community,
I am fairly new to AppSheet, so I’m not sure if I I’am not getting it (yet) or if it is an actual issue. Hopefully someone with more experience can give me some pointers.
In a ‘Detail’ view, a list of refs column shows me the entire referenced table (6 rows) instead of the actual filtered list of values (2 rows) as defined in the column.
- Table ‘Words’ is my referenced table. It contains 6 rows
- Table ‘Expressions’ has a column [Related Words] which is a list of refs to table ‘Words’
Lets look at row ‘newid0005’ in table ‘Expressions’
- Looking at the ‘Data’ view from the table itself, column [Related Words] shows a list of 2 references. This is expected
- Looking at the ‘Detail’ view, the [Related Word] column show a summary of “(2)” in its title, as expected
- But in the same ‘Detail’ view, the itemization of column [Related Words] shows 6 rows. That is the entire table ‘Words’. I was expecting to see 2 rows only.
All rows of table ‘Expressions’ have the same behavior with an 6-row itemization in the ‘Detail’ view regardless of the content of the column.
Note that the next column [Related WordsInExpression], another list of refs, show a proper itemization in the ‘Detail’ view, consistent with the content of the column.
As per the data representation of the table, my expression to build the list of refs gives me the expected result. It’s the ‘Detail’ view that does not seem to honor this result… I am confused.
Would anybody know why I am seeing a list of 6 rows in the ‘Detail’ view when the same column only contains a list of 2 references?
Thanks for you insights.