Loading Screen Animations

In the UX > Brand section of the editor, the loading screen of each can be customized so that whenever the app is manually synced, users see an image or animation while waiting for fresh data to load.

Check out some of the animation ideas below for getting started customizing your loading screens (copy the image link into the โ€˜Launch Imageโ€™ field of your app brand settings)

13 20 6,235
  • UX
20 REPLIES 20

Very Cool, thanks.

@Peter - just a quick clarification. I see your image link is to giphy.com.
I assume animated gifs will work directly from google drive as well? I am looking to reduce the number of cloud services required to run a single appโ€ฆ

@Mike I think you might actually have trouble with the animated gifs or svgs if theyโ€™re hosted in Google Drive for now, but Iโ€™ll let you know if it works that way also.

Is there any possibility that appsheet will allow gif from google drive for the loading screen?

@Jeremy_F This is working already.

Right click on the gif and select โ€œGet shareable linkโ€.
In the URL just change the word โ€œopenโ€ to โ€œucโ€.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1234XXXXXXX
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1234XXXXXXX

Thanks. My loading screen now looks way better

@Fabian Nice, thanks! FYI, @Mike

hello fabian

i cant see this type url of my gif from gdrive
โ€œdrive.google.com/file/d/1ggMWRqMrNq_c99nvJnmr9nPPEf7GxCNg/viewโ€

@LeventK thanks sir,

understood perfactly.

Youโ€™re welcome.

Nice, but would be xtra nice if the Square Sync image from Appsheet is then removed/replaced

+1 to this , I would love to customize the loading page hope that will be possible in the future.

Is this exclusive to deployed as Iโ€™m still in prototype and I donโ€™t see that option.

Itโ€™s actually not an option. Check the original post and click one of those animations. Then copy the link from โ€œrotating ballsโ€ and add that link to your own Locale page.

Ah. Got it. I missed that part. Got it Working I with Henry_Scott that would be nice if that would replace the Square Sync Image or at least remove it.

Thank you. What an awesome suggestion/tip.

@Peter, i would like to see under the hood of your loading animation app. Can you please share?

how do i get sliding menu on the top like this

Top Labels in this Space