Locale in sheets does not change the time format in AppSheet

Hi,

My locale is set to Netherlands in google Sheets and in the table I’ll see 19:00, but in AppSheet it shows as 7:00 PM. Data locale is also set to Dutch in AppSheet and cannot be changed to a different one it seems. Is this a known problem?

Solved Solved
1 7 181
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Steve It seems it depends on the system settings of the device.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks for your reply @Steve. As I have mentioned earlier this does not work. When I change it to another value and save, I receive the message:

“Table Production Stock’ LocaleName was incorrectly set to ‘en-GB’. It has been updated to ‘nl-NL’ to match the worksheet LocaleName.”

It is already set to Dutch and cannot be changed it seems. Also, it still gives me AM/PM as an option while in google sheets it shows the 24h format and is set to Dutch in both AppSheet as well as google Sheets.

What are you trying to accomplish?

@Steve In AppSheet I can pick between AM and PM for time. I would like to have a 24h format without AM and PM here.

I am unaware of a way to control whether time is presented as AM/PM versus 24-hour time.

Could it be possible that such an amazing tool does not have this simple functionality at hand? Thanks anyway @Steve.

@Steve It seems it depends on the system settings of the device.

Top Labels in this Space