Locale Issue

My spreadsheet (Google sheet) is set to locale of UK and my tables are all set the same, also as UK. When I show a form input, the date format is correctly showing as dd/mm/yyyy. When I see any entry in a table format or detail format, the dates are displayed as mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a setting I am missing? I canโ€™t find anything beyond the locale setting for each table.

1 7 532
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

@Mike_MacDonald
How about your mobile deviceโ€™s and/or browserโ€™s locale setting? Are they set as UK as well? For data display, AppSheet obeys to the deviceโ€™s locale setting.

Here are some screenshots from Appsheet directly. You can see the table is set correctly to UK (i.e. DD/MM/YYYY) but in the preview window it shows as MM/DD/YYYY in the Details view but DD/MM/YYYY in the form view. Iโ€™ve also attached a screenshot of the Google Sheet which is also set to UK and I have further set the date format on the columns to DD/MM/YYYY.

Here is a Firefox extension that Iโ€™ve used before to help troubleshoot Locale issues. Iโ€™m sure there is similar for Chrome if you use that instead.

Thanks. Iโ€™ve installed a Chrome equivalent but nothing I change seems to affect the app preview (after a refresh).

"Hello @Mike_MacDonald ,

The same thing happened to me, in android the solution is to change the language. You go to Configuration-System-Language and input-Language and leave in the first position the English of your country, not that of the United States.

Greetings"

Hola @Mike_MacDonald ,

Me paso lo mismo, en android la solucion esta en cambiar el lenguage. Vas a Configuracion-Sistema-Idioma y entrada-Idioma y dejas en primera posicion el ingles de tu pais, no el de Estados Unidos.

Saludos

Hi, having same trouble, have you solved it?

Top Labels in this Space