Location of image storage unclear in Google Drive

So my app uses partitions for multiple databases and we store these databases (+ all other related data for the app) in a dedicated folder on the Google Drive that only a few can access.

Now in Google Drive you have the option, when moving a file, you can use CTRL to not fully move the file but to make kind of a hyperlink.
We use this function so that the databases itself can be viewed by more people without having to give them rights to the dedicated folder. (I know this is not ideal)

In most cases AppSheet created a picture folder in the dedicated folder but sometimes it creates a folder in the second location and not in the dedicated folder.
Iโ€™ve been running tests but I canโ€™t seem to find a clear result on what triggers AppSheet to use the second location instead of the dedicated folder.

Is there a known rule how AppSheet handles these things?

0 2 391
2 REPLIES 2

Hi
I face the same issue with images stored in various files , named the same way , so not all images are vizualized in the app screens ;
I can presume no rule for appshet creating or not a new file

Did you get an answer ?

Have a good day

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I think itโ€™s safe to say AppSheet doesnโ€™t support these special links youโ€™re using.

Top Labels in this Space