Logging Data for Sales People

Hello,

I would like some guidance to see if any of these could be done:

• A log where notes could be entered, once entered, only admin users can modify. Regular users can only add additional notes but not modify existing; OR
  • If above not possible, have App send a list daily for all changes made to any cell.

On another note, is it possible to โ€œassignโ€ an address to a user? Such that I can assign Address 123 main street to John, provided that he closed the sale, and cannot be assigned to another person?

Much appreciated, thanks!

0 3 352
3 REPLIES 3

Hi. Both of these are definitely doable in appsheet.

For item one, there are multiple ways to achieve this, but perhaps the simplest is that you can mark a data source as โ€œadd onlyโ€:

For your second item, itโ€™s a little unclear, but I think you are asking for a relationship between an address table and a user table, and again, this is definitely achievable. โ€œProvided that something happenedโ€ is supported via extensive calculation support throughout the platform, as is the concept of โ€œcannot be assigned to another personโ€. Here are a few help links to get you started:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the prompt reply!
So for the first item, you are suggesting that I should use Editable_If to condition certain columns?

With this would I be able to limit John to only Add and Jane to full access? I pressed the little flask icon. Am I right to assume that Add means that previous content already written is locked and only additional information can be added into that same field ? And Update refers to changing the content of the field when content is already present?

I found the Audit Log - Is there a way to have this emailed like a daily report of what was edited by user based on the row?

One last quick question - Initial values, say I wanted to add a row to the table, How to set the initial value as the (highest number in the column)+1?

Thanks for all your help!

Hi. Thatโ€™s a bit more to unpack.

โ€œWith this would I be able to limit John to only Add and Jane to full access? I pressed the little flask icon. Am I right to assume that Add means that previous content already written is locked and only additional information can be added into that same field ? And Update refers to changing the content of the field when content is already present?โ€

This is all generally correct.

โ€œI found the Audit Log - Is there a way to have this emailed like a daily report of what was edited by user based on the row?โ€

I think the answer here is no, from the POV of a particular app - this is really a platform management feature. However, if this is important to you, you could create a new action to copy a row to another โ€œauditโ€ table that you would manage, hereโ€™s that action choice:

On your last question, thereโ€™s probably a few ways to do this; one way is to set the initial value of a field to a โ€œselectโ€ statement, e.g.:

max(SELECT(data[DecimalExample], TRUE))

The above says โ€œget the max value of a column called DecimalExample from the table called dataโ€. You can learn about expressions, selects, filters, et al from our help pages.

Hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space