Logical branching to End an App?

I am creating an inspection app for my workplace. As each part comes into Receiving, the inspector chooses the part. From there a list of criteria is generated. However, each list is specific to the part. Some parts have 6 questions; some parts have 22 questions.

Part A:
Q1: Check the span of this hole.
Q2: Check the span of that hole.
Q3: Be sure there is a stamp of XXXX on the part.
Q4: Be sure there is a TRIANGLE stamp on the part.
Q5: Are there any scratches?

Part B:
Q1: Check the overall length.
Q2: Is the part painted?
Q3: (there is no question 3, so end the app)

I have 2 tables. One is the parent to record all inputs. The second is part numbers. The columns are part/name/procedure/q1/q2/q3/q4/q5/q6/etc. Since there are up to 22 questions asked, depending on the incoming part, if an inspector has a part that only has 2 questions like above, I would like it so they donโ€™t have to cycle through 20 more questions that donโ€™t exist. Like the 2 examples above: Part A should see 6 questions. Part B should only see 2.

Is there a way to add an END or conditional formatting to limit what the inspector sees?

Thanks,

0 11 274
11 REPLIES 11

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I referenced all those documents already. Everything works fine-ish.

The issue is that I get too many pages to cycle through. Using example above, Part B would have to cycle through 4 blank pages to reach the end.

I donโ€™t see how to SKIP questions 3 through 6, if they are blank. I have tried Show_If with ISNOTBLANK expression. Assuming that, Show_IF this particular column <i.e. question 3> ISNOTBLANK. SO if question 3 IS BLANK, donโ€™t show the questionโ€“and the subsequent questions.

Or some type of expression, IF Question 3=โ€œEndโ€ then skip to last Header section. I could add the word END in the next column. Is there a way to do that?

3X_7_f_7f212b6c2f6b7276c919b72a2ee609abae5a5306.png

That is hepful.I understand what you are saying. I am working on the Show_If statement that says:

Show if question 3 on part numbers sheet is NOT โ€œEndโ€
Show if question 4 on part numbers sheet is NOT โ€œEndโ€
and so on

NOT(part numbers[question 4]=โ€œENDโ€) does not seem to be what I am looking for.

When I get the right syntax, would I need that Show_If statement for every portion under that page header?

Question 3, for example, has data that has to be recorded pertaining to the question.

I will screen shot what I mean:

So would I have to add that Show_If expression to Lot Number, Sample size, Acc, Rej, and Remarks too?โ€“So as to NOT show them?

If you have a column of type Show and category of type Page_Header, and that Show column has a Show? expression, all columns on thaty page will be shown or hidden according to the Show columnโ€™s Show? expression; you do not need to also configure Show? for each individual column.

It appears he formโ€™s page 1 would always be displayed. From the first page, the user chooses the part being inspected. Each other page should have a Show? expression that hides the page if it is not suitable for the part chosen on page one.

Ok. Good that helps. Thanks.

Can you offer any insight in how to write the syntax for the expression needed?

I have the idea of how I want it to run IN MY HEAD. But I am clearly missing something. I am not seeing anything that helps me NOT show if a different table is referenced.

From the REAL data in screenshot above, the first Part from Plant 1 does not have a Question 4. That sheet is the referenced table. Show_If NOT(Part Numbers[Question 4]=โ€œENDโ€) gives me the warning "Cannot compare List with Text in (Part Numbers[question 4]=โ€œEndโ€ I am searching that warning and not seeing anything that helps me fix it. Clearly missing another expression or something, but not sure what.

Got it, Steve.

I deleted the word โ€œEndโ€ and went back to blanks.

Used the expression ISNOTBLANK([Question Four]) and that seems to work great.

I appreciate your help.

Outstanding!

Here is the column structure for the Part Numbers table. It is REF .

That does not work, even though the statement is false.

According to the what we said above, that means this question SHOULD not display. Still means I have the wrong expression in there, right?

Top Labels in this Space