Login Issues - App not showing a list of authentication methods

Hello guys,

I am trying to send my app to another user that use gmail but it does not show up this authentication method to him. Only Microsoft. How can we fix it??

0 9 505
9 REPLIES 9

You are a life saver! Thank you so much!

Youโ€™re welcome

Mike_T

This looks to be an old topic so maybe addressed somewhere else but what happens if Iโ€™ve got Any Provider selected and a user tries to use their local internet providerโ€™s email? i.e. @cox.net.
Which provider should this user select in the initial authentication screen? Iโ€™m only seeing 7 providers: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Box and Salesforce.

Iโ€™m sure this covers the better part of the known email universe but one might be dealing with some antiquated users out there.

Any insight into this process is much appreciated.

Mike

You are confusing having an email address with having an account on an accepted authorization service (Google, Microsoftโ€ฆ)

All users must have an account with one of the listed authentication partners in order to use the app. An email address is simply a very typical login to such accounts.

You are right. I am/was a bit confused on this topic. I guess Iโ€™m trying to figure out the best way to communicate the install and login process to some โ€œnot so sophisticatedโ€ users and make it so they arenโ€™t frustrated with the process.

Where does my app get the USEREMAIL() information from? Is this the same as the users email account on their device? or the same as their authorization service email? e.g. can someone authenticate themselves using Google but the app uses their @cox.net email while in the app?

Would love to work with someone to put together a visual on this.

Let me see if I have this straightโ€ฆ

โ€œRequire user signin?โ€ on the screenshot above, means the user must have an account with one of these 7 providers. If enabled, only users who authenticate with โ€œAny Providerโ€ (of the 7) or the provider specified can access the app?

So once signed in with a provider, unless I have enabled โ€œAllow all signed-in usersโ€, the user must be on my whitelisted Users list on the Users section to get access to the app?

Can I suggest rewriting the description for these two settings to make this abundantly clear? Maybe Iโ€™m just the only slow one but when I read descriptions that only tell me what doesnโ€™t need to happen or what not to do, I get confused.

โ€œIf this option is enabled, there is no need for a user list. Enable this option when you do not need to restrict access to a specific list of users, but you still want to access user-specific information like their email, or use personalization features like security filters or private tablesโ€

Suggestโ€ฆ
โ€œEnable this option to allow any authenticated user access to your app. You will still have access to the userโ€™s email for personalizing features, security filters and private tables. NOTE: if not enabled, only the users listed in the Users Section of the Users Tab will have access to your app.โ€

Honestly, this really should be on the Users tab. When enabled, the users section can be greyed out. Just my $.02.

The value provided by USEREMAIL() is the email address the user logged in with.

So if that is the case, in order to use any feature with USEREMAIL(), the user must have an account with one of these 7 providers?

Correct.

Top Labels in this Space