Long Text @ Mentions

It would be awesome if we could have in situ @ - at mentions in long text, and then drop all of those into an enumlist. (Currently i’m doing it with an enumlist) but having it inline would modernize the platform.

Status Open
3 4 323
4 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

Couldn’t you create a formula for your enumlist column to automatically do this for you?

list(
if(contains([Long_Text], "@Matt "), "@Matt", ""), 
etc.
) - list("")

I included the space after the mention in the contains so it would find the mention specifically, ignoring something like "Matt@Matt.com" - probly never happen, but you never know; by including the space it isolates the tag, you could even include a space a the front to isolate even better.

But… you’ll have to brute force this, in the sense that you’ll have to create an IF() for each mention option you want to automate.

But I think something like this would work.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

But the user experience lacks confirmation… Typically when you @ something it starts giving you a pop up list, that you can select, etc… It turns blue… User certainty is most important when it comes to notifications…

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

If you have the formula in a formula space (app or initial), as soon as they click out of the long text field the mentions will populate the enumlist - you could make this list visible and then build other notification customization fields off the list being populated.

So when they first open the form they type whatever, then when they’re finished if they made any mentions they populate the mention enumlist field - which could then cause other fields to appear.

I guess I’m wondering what you would like to see happen from the platform that we couldn’t build?
2X_1_12cc2d0b3e843fa0a75f04c323cc5f638c5fd63a.png
Something like this? Where the email is a hyperlink, or how the community platform automatically makes a mention like @Grant_Stead something you can click on?

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager