Looking for guidance on an issue. Looking at...

Looking for guidance on an issue.

Looking at the pic attached, there are 3 columns in the registry table that I prefer not be in this table.

I really only want them in the call log table.

The issue comes with the fact that I need to generate a list from the registry of everyone that needs to be called and then those rows/records get assigned to a table, then a caller.

I couldnโ€™t figure out how to assign a table without having that column in the reg table.

Is there a solution?

0 6 333
6 REPLIES 6

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, Iโ€™m afraid I donโ€™t quite understand the problem. Could you provide a bit of context please? What are the tables involved? What kind of data do these tables store, and how are they related?

I have 4 registry tables: North (approx 940 rows) South (approx 920 rows) Hospitals (about 80 rows) and Pending (varies depending on how many applications we receive)

These tables contain basic demographic info, as well as certain health data collected to determine if they meet eligibility criteria for medical needs shelters.

Then I have a table specific to our shelter operations.

This table contains limited fields from the registry tables (name, dob, address) and then the rest of the columns are incident specific.

So we track: call out info transportation status shelter check in/out room assignment, etc

I originally added extra columns to my registry table because that was the only way I could create filtered slices in order to assign the 1800+ records to the callers, but I would really prefer not to have the table number, caller name, etc in registry.

So now iโ€™m trying to figure out a way to basically copy all 1800+ rows of data (just a name - the other info can be populated by dereference) in order to do bulk actions to quickly assign the records to tables.

Iโ€™m just hoping the answer isnโ€™t copy and paste

I have watched all the youtube videos on select, list, etc and thatโ€™s not really want I need.

The link to form from registry to my activation log worked but that would mean someone would have to click action button, assign table to 1800 individual records - no time for that.

I need a magic button where I can divide the 2 big tables of data by 5 (I have 5 physical tables of callers) and say rows 1-180 assign to table 1, etc.

Hurricane Irma nearly killed me - all paper based - so if I have to live with extra tables in my main registry I will but itโ€™s just not as clean as Iโ€™d like.

Whatever solution I come to has to be fluid.

The second a tropical system forms out there we get flooded with apps.

So all the records in pending will eventually be moved to north, south, hospital after review.

@Harry I should add we are in the process of getting the corporate plan.

Would partitioning help with this at all?

I only watched one of the videos on that so itโ€™s not totally clear in my head yet.

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, could you give me the name of the app please? I need to take a look in order to better understand the column structure of your tables. Also, how do you want to filter the rows?

Is there an email I can send it to?

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, you can send the information to us at support@appsheet.com. Please also include a link to this post. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space