Looking for ideas..moving related tables

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I’ve come up with multiple ways to design this, but I would like to tap to brainpower greater than mine.

I have an online google form that generates time and date stamp but not a unique ID, with other fields, i.e. name, address, phone.
In that table I’m thinking of creating a related table for a string of conversations, which is usually prior to agreeing on a job. Once that job is agreed on I want to move that customer and the conversation to a customer table, but the customer already exists, so for a current customer, can I move just the related table matching customer criteria, i.e. name, address, phone? with an action to move to a table…or…?

or can google business apps do the same thing and store it in a sheet. Haven’t worked with Google Business and their documentation is more about converting you than the details.

Ultimately I would like to use appsheet on the site, but the customer doesn’t want to pay $100 per month for one form, even though there are multiple actions that will take place.

If any of you have an idea or solution I’m open. Thanks!!

0 2 180
2 REPLIES 2

hard to envision the specifics, but I am keying off of one sentence you wrote:
" but the customer already exists, so for a current customer, can I move just the related table matching customer criteria, i.e. name, address, phone? with an action to move to a table…or…?"

the AppSheet action that comes to mind is “execute an action of a set of rows” - i.e. from your source table, you would be updating name, address, phone on a second table where customer = [_thisrow].[customer]. Or something similar.

In the abstract, this is all doable! Also, here is an app which “moves children from one parent to another parent” this may be of general use to your design as well: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/This-app-uses-actions-to-move-ref_rows-from-one-parent-to-another-p...

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Awesome, thanks TyAlevizos

Top Labels in this Space