Looking for some help creating an email notif...

Looking for some help creating an email notification. I’ve created a Word template for an order in the app. I want the attachment to reflect the product code in the order. I’m not sure how to set it up properly.

I’ve set it up so that each item on the left side column is effectively a table on its own sheet in Excel. All the data pulled is from the [Orders] sheet. Should it be set up this way? Or is there a better way?

I thought about re-working the entire form so that all products are listed in one sheet but I then get stumped on how to filter items based on the category, e.g. Product category=tanker size, tanker size= 7-8 different options.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

0 4 338
4 REPLIES 4

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Yes, I referred to the “Order Capture” sample. So I should move all my “Products” into one table? I then have trouble with the expression that pulls items by category.

I’m trying to build the app so we our sales rep can go through specific fields in the order. Instead of listing all the items in one go, I created tabs around category. So category 1 is tanker size, category 2 is pump, etc. I originally put each category into different tables and referenced them in the form that captures the order.

If I put all the items into one table, I get stumped on the expression that will pull only “tankers” and the related description for the sales rep to select. I thought one of the Valid_if statement would work but it doesn’t pull the right description. What am I doing wrong? Pls advise.

@Zee_W

Hi Zee,

Forgive me for responding. You clearly understand the problem better than I do. I did not realize you had already reviewed the Order Capture application. I just wanted to ensure that you had consider the approach illustrated in that sample.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh No worries, Philip. I’m not from programming background so the templates have been very useful to see how some apps are put together. It’s when I start trying to customize elements that it takes some figuring out. And just when I think I’ve cracked it another snag comes up.

So I’ve put all product items into one table called Products and created an expression in the Form to Ref the Products table, and selects the relevant item: =SELECT(Products[Product ID], [Category] = “Tanker”)

This has been working except for one question where the answers are multi-select. There, I created another table (called Extras) and wrote a EnumList expression so the user can select multiple items. I saw from a previous post that Ref and EnumList doesn’t work very well here.

Hope I’m doing this correctly!

It sounds like you are trying to create some form of order capture application. You should start by following the design used in the “Order Capture” sample application.

Once your table design is correct, it will be much easier for you to create your email notification.

Top Labels in this Space