Looking for suggestions here. I have a requ...

Looking for suggestions here.

I have a requirement to send a message at several levels of the app.

The app is laid out like this…

There are several Facilities, a Facility has several Classes, each Class has several Students.

There is also a list of SMS Messages.

Facilities Table - name, address, phone etc Classes Table - facility, name, startTime Students Table - name, address, phone, etc StudentsToClass - student, class

Messages - title, message, lastSent

Currently, You can send messages to ALL students using “Send to All” action on the messages table.

I also have actions that will eventually…

Send to Facility Send to Class Send to Student

each on their respective tables.

However, I can’t seem to figure out how to link the Actions with the messages table. I would like to be able to click the action, pick a message and then have the app send it to that level of the students.

If you click the Facility action, you’d send the message to each student in each

classes at that facility

If you click the Class action, you’d send the message to each student in that class.

Thoughts?

0 4 358
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@David_Hopkins I assume that the send message actions are actually linked to a workflow in your app, which generates the message.

Currently, it is not possible to allow the app users to pick message/email body via the app. However, you can achieve a similar effect using User Settings. For instance, you can create a user setting called “Message target”. This setting can be an enum that allows the user to choose either “Facilities”, “Classes”, or “Students”. In the message body in the workflow rule, you can use an expression that checks the value selected for “Message target” and then sets the message body accordingly.

You can learn more about User Settings here:

help.appsheet.com - User Settings: The Essentials User Settings: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Harry2

Here’s a nice example use of User Settings:

help.appsheet.com - User Settings: Example Scenario User Settings: Example Scenario help.appsheet.com

Harry2

@David_Hopkins If this does not address your problem, please provide more details about your actions are set up, especially how the messages are sent.

@Harry Im going to see if I can run this path, I’ll let you know. Thanks so much for the push in the right direction.

Top Labels in this Space