Lookup based on multiple selection enumlist column

I’ve created an EnumList column with reference to another column in the same table, let’s call it Dependencies.
We can say that you choose what other entities you have dependencies to.
Imagine an Asset Inventory for Systems for example. For each System you select what other Systems you have a dependencies to.

Let’s also say that each System has a Classification Value in another column in the same table. This value could be a range from 1 to 100.

I now want to create a third column which calculates something we can call Dependency Weight. This should be based on the Classification Value for each of the Systems you have selected as Dependencies.

Example:
System A has Classification Value 90
System B has Classification Value 30
System C has Classification Value 25
System D has Classification Value 63

For System C I select System A and System D as it’s dependencies, which should yield a Dependency Weight of 153.

I’m stuck and can’t figure out how to solve it. Please help!

0 6 347
6 REPLIES 6

From the description given by you , it sounds that your table structure is as shown below

If so , please enter the following app formula in the Dependency Weight column

SUM(SELECT(Table Name [Classification Value], IN([System],[_THISROW].[Dependencies])))

The below post has comprehensive AppSheet references that may help you

That was way more easy than I thought it would be! Thank you very much!

Suvrutt

I coppied your example, but I’m getting the following error message. HELP!
Parameter 2 of function IN is of the wrong type

Still got the same error message after changing the System and Dependencies types to List.

Please try with changing System to text type and Dependencies to Enumlist if Dependencies is real column. or list type if it is virtual column.

Suvrutt,

Thanks … the original expression is working for me now. I don’t know what I did, but obviously I must have been doing something wrong, like not “Saving” or something like that.

Top Labels in this Space