Looping Actions: freezing on repeater action

Hi All,

I have been working on implementing action looping into my current app project. I copied the same process as Steve in his example found here (Looping with actions). I have tested each sub-action in my loop and they all work fine except for the repeater. For some reason when the repeater action is added to the loop action it will freeze the entire app and editor. It does not freeze at the repeater action but freezes the entire loop. Without the repeater all the other actions will run correctly for one increment. I have been stuck on this problem for a while now and am not sure how to fix it. Has anyone ran into this problem before or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Here is the repeater action

Here is the loop action

Appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 291
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @maccollaflower,

Just echoing on what @tsuji_koichi suggested โ€“ Your Loop Repeator (or Reapeter as youโ€™ve spelled) need to have an if condition to know when to stop, or else itโ€™ll always keep on running and therefore freeze.

Think of when you want it to stop and apply that in your condition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

โ€œFreeezingโ€ indicates your actions ended up with so-called inifinit loop. You probably miss the conditions to stop looping actions.

Hi @maccollaflower,

Just echoing on what @tsuji_koichi suggested โ€“ Your Loop Repeator (or Reapeter as youโ€™ve spelled) need to have an if condition to know when to stop, or else itโ€™ll always keep on running and therefore freeze.

Think of when you want it to stop and apply that in your condition.

Thank you both @tsuji_koichi @Manish !

That solved the problem. It slipped my mind that the loop has to come to an end eventually.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space