Make an action that opens the camera for QR scanning

Is there a way to create an action that when executed opens the camera for QR scanning.
There seemed to be a way using a form that auto opened the camera but can find an example that I can pick apart.

Thanks all

Solved Solved
1 7 2,104
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Start by turning this option on:

Then create a Form view where there is a scanning or Image column that is Required and is the First field to be filled out.

Then when opening this form it will automatically open the camera. You can open the form via a LINKTOVIEW action, or by navigating to it any other way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Start by turning this option on:

Then create a Form view where there is a scanning or Image column that is Required and is the First field to be filled out.

Then when opening this form it will automatically open the camera. You can open the form via a LINKTOVIEW action, or by navigating to it any other way.

Thanks @Marc_Dillon
Yeah there are quite a few things that need to be lined up in order for this to function, the Required status of the column was the most elusive part of this.

Success, I can open the form and the camera turns on automatically.

This may be a long shot as this is an old thread, but any guidance on setting up the "required" column, etc? 

What doesn't this thread provide for you?

The directions on how and where to create the "required" column. As Greg mentioned in his reply, there are quite a few things that need to be lined up in order for the screen shot/instructions provided to function correctly and setting up the "required" column was the most elusive part of the process. 

I'm trying to gain guidance on how and where to setup the "required" column so that the directions in the screenshot above will be helpful.

The camera/scanner will open automatically if the first column displayed in a form view accepts a(n) image/barcode/QR code and is marked as required.

Make a column required by going to Data >> Columns and setting Required? to ON for the desired column.

Go to UX >> Views and modify the form view's configuration to place the required column to the top of the form.

Thank you, Steve! I got it working!

Top Labels in this Space