Managing dates - My user desperately needs to...

Managing dates - My user desperately needs to see what day of the week it is when he chooses a date on the entry screen. I can show a field that gives him Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc after he has chose the date, but he wants it AS he is choosing the date, as they most often work only a week or so ahead. Can anyone suggest a workaround?

0 7 1,395
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Marlene_Williamson1

May be you are looking for different solution, but just in case you are looking for calender view that shows day of the date while setting the date field, it is available by clicking on the tiny direction

icon at the right in the date field entry.

Have asked the user to try it. He has an iPhone.7. It always soars as calendar picker on my android@Suvrutt_Gurjar

I have discovered that it is

IOS date picker. Itโ€™s there any way to

change the style of date picker?

No. Date picker is OS dependent.

Hi @Marlene_Williamson1, Not sure if this helps you. However I request you to explore. You have mentioned that the user needs to select dates only week or so ahead. In that case, there is a

way

to create

an Enum type field with valid_if constraint consisting of

a bit crudely created list such as

LIST((SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()),(SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()+1), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()+1),(SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()+2), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()+2),(SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()+3), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()+3),(SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()+4), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()+5),(SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()+2), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()+5),(SWITCH(WEEKDAY(Today()+6), 1, โ€œSundayโ€, 2, โ€œMondayโ€, 3, โ€œTuesdayโ€, 4, โ€œWednesdayโ€, 5, โ€œThursdayโ€, 6, โ€œFridayโ€, โ€œSaturdayโ€))&"-"&(Today()+6))

The above list is for 7 days including today and produces Enum result as given in picture attached below. Every day on date change, it will advance by one day for next 7 days

Hope this approach helps you in some way. Of course , you may further refine, this approach as

per your needs.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar thank you for your detailed reply. That might indeed help and I will see what I can do. this app needs to show the day, sort and group and it has been very tricky with no easy answers. Thank you for your help

Thank you @Marlene_Williamson1, good to know the approach may be useful to you.

Top Labels in this Space