Managing Workflow Emails during Testing

Hey everyone, I have a client currently with 3 apps but I have a DEV, TEST and LIVE app for each (a total of 9 apps) Management is no issue at all except Iโ€™d like to have another way to manage the Workflow Emails and Reports.

The issue: When I upgrade from DEV to TEST I manually need to ensure the workflow emails are disabled and then enabled when we go live.

Is there a better way to do this? Wondered if I could implement an expression of come kind that only runs the emails/reports if the application name is the โ€œLIVE_APP_NAMEโ€.

I found the following under Text in the Expression Assistant. Does this identify the app_name?

2 5 166
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
CONTEXT("AppName")

Aha! Thanks Steve!

Looking for an alternative way to make sure no emails are sent during Dev/Test of my App. Is there any kind of โ€œmaster switchโ€ that will temporarily prevent emails from going out? Or will I need to create one in my App and then check it in all workflows / actions?

Hi Jamie, to automate the management of the emails, I think youโ€™re right:

1. Create a โ€œversion_flagโ€ in your User Settings"
    IF(CONTEXT(AppName)=โ€œYOUR LIVE APP NAMEโ€,โ€œYesโ€,โ€œNoโ€)

2.Add the condition USERSETTINGS(version_flag) = Yes to each of the workflows

Not specifically, but undeploying your app will disable all scheduled reports and will direct all generated email to the app owner rather than the intended recipient.

Top Labels in this Space