Manual trigger of workflows

As the title suggests, I was wondering if it’s possible to manually trigger a workflow, perhaps through an action? I couldn’t seem to find anything about it.
I have a few workflows in my app that generates PDFs from different tables and rows, and it would be great if it was possible to create a new PDF manually in case one should get deleted (so in fact I don’t necessarily need to trigger the workflow, but it doesn’t seem to be possible to save files with actions). I only found one other thread here regarding manual triggers, but the questions wasn’t answered there.

Thank you in advance!
Best regards

Solved Solved
0 7 525
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, yes it’s possible. One workaround is if you add a DateTime field to your table and the action will write NOW() into this column. Then you can write a condition rule like AND(ISNOTBLANK([PdfSent]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[PdfSent]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[PdfSent])

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, yes it’s possible. One workaround is if you add a DateTime field to your table and the action will write NOW() into this column. Then you can write a condition rule like AND(ISNOTBLANK([PdfSent]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[PdfSent]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[PdfSent])

Thanks, I’ll check it out. However, currently, the workflow is triggered by adding a row to the table. I assume I’ll have to change this to adds AND updates? I also assume I’ll have to give [PdfSent] an initial value since it will block the first add trigger if it’s blank

Could copy your workflow and make that second one for the manual trigger while leaving the first working workflow alone.

True, that would of course also work

Yes, an initial value would be a good approach. If you don’t want to do that, you could add an OR() statement like… OR(NOT(IN([Key],TableName[Key])),…)

Aleksi is correct.

Also see topic “Sending Email from an Action Button” in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961707-workflow

I gave the [PdfSent] column an initial value and went with the condition Aleksi suggested. Thank you for your help!

Top Labels in this Space