Map Pins Of Same Address Overlay Each Other

Hi team

Some of our pins relating to the same or similar address appear on top of each other. This never used to happen before. When the address is the same, the pins normally appear next to each other so they are easily visible. Now they can be on top of each other. Any ideas? Thanks

2X_4_483eff13b3e0ed2c41413e3482496f39a588c21f.jpeg

0 8 1,232
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Maybe try grouping?

Thanks for getting back on this.

I tried grouping, zooming out you could see there were multiple dots in one place, but zooming in you would still have to look for the one underneath.

I saved the address of one of the points again and they seemed to have moved next to each other.

I encourage you to contact support@appsheet.com directly for help with this.

Iโ€™ve just come along a similiar issue, we have equipment in our office and sometimes multiple points occupy the same location. When you click on the map, only one result is returned, it would be amazing if it showed you a deck view (showing many results) instead of detail view of one of the elements.
Is this possible or on the cards?

Hi @Jeremy_Taylor I think you are using XY, donโ€™t you?
In XY the Pins with the same coordinates will appear on top of each other.
So here is what I did:

Create two Actions "App: go to another view within this app.
One Action to jump to the previous record, one to jump to the next record.
With the App link target:

CONCATENATE("#view=YOUR_MAP_VIEW_NAME&table=YOUR_TABLE_NAME&row=",ENCODEURL(YOUR_EXPRESSION_TO_FIND_THE_OTHER_RECORD))

Add this Action to your Deck view that opens up when you click on a map pin.

So now you can jump back and forth between pins that have the same coordinates.

By adding grouping to your pins, you could easily tell when there are more than one pin.
Just go to your map view and set the โ€œMinimal cluster sizeโ€ to 1.

A simpler formula to accomplish the same thing instead of manually building out the deep-link:

LINKTOROW([RowID], โ€œViewโ€)

Hi @Nikita_Derevianko do you still see this behavior?
Since some 4 years, the pins should appear next to each other, even when they have the same address. I remember this, because it was my feature request back then

@MultiTech_Visions you are absolutely right

Here is a sample how to switch between pins with the same position:

Top Labels in this Space