Map view by Date

Hi there. Is there a way to get the map view to display a particular date. I have reps out in the field that log calls and locations. I would like to be able to see on a particular day where they have been on a map view. There is a date field in the table the map is being generated from but I have been unable to create a daily view as it seems you can only select the Location or address columns for data layers. Is there a way to do this?

0 10 481
  • UX
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Andrea,

I think this would be possible with a slice:

with the formula:
[DATE COLUMN]=TODAY()

Then in UX --> " The map view" --> as a source you select the slice you created.

Thank you. I already have a slice with the filter condition [User Name] User. How would I add to that condition to include date today? Not to clever with expressions, keep getting it wrong.

you can use a AND()

AND([Date] = โ€œtoday()โ€,[User Name]=โ€˜Will Wardโ€™ true) like this?

Yes almost, but would use USEREMAIL() instead of username. It depends on your provider login. But not every provider provides a user name.

AND(
[Date]=TODAY(),
USEREMAIL()=will@yourdomein.com
)

Username is available for every user. Do I put the โ€œyesโ€ at the end of the expression?

Hi @Andrea,

No, as you can see in the AND() help. the only way the logic expression is true when there is a matching value for both.

So in your case:

AND(
[Date = TODAY(),
USERNAME()="Will Ward"
)

thanks but it is not working.

Im sorry, i missed a ] after [Date

AND(
[Date] = TODAY(),
USERNAME()="Will Ward"
)

As you can see below, it worked for me: [Start_event_tijd_] = your [Date]

@Andrea
USERNAME() is not unique for each user, therefore I encourage you using USEREMAIL() instead.

And in this expression you shall enclose the email within double quotes:

AND(
	[Date]=TODAY(),
	USEREMAIL()="will@yourdomain.com"
)
Top Labels in this Space