Maps: Addresses not displaying from Enum w/ Base type Address

Hi there,

I have an app where; when one is inputting a new row, an Enum field with base type Address is auto populated via Select() from another table based on the customers [Name].

I have a map that is supposed to display the Address of the newly added order for the customer except the Address will not show up on the maps and therefor the driver cannot get driving directions to the destination.

The Map Column for the map view is referencing the Address that was added in the Enum column with base type Address.

Not sure if this is a bug or perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Solved Solved
0 3 421
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Was able to solve problem via Alternate Solution.

I changed the Type back to Address and used the Auto Suggest field with the same formula I used before.

SELECT(Customers[Address], ([Name] = [_THISROW].[Pick Up Customer]), TRUE)

Works as intended and is displaying on maps again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

LeventK
Participant V

@Jessy_Mrozowski
For the Map UX to show the points correctly, the column type shall be either a LatLong or an Address. Though the base type is address, your column type is ENUM. That might be the problem. Just create a VC with a lookup expression i.e.

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[KeyColumn],"YourTableName","KeyColumn","EnumAddressColumnName")

verify if the VC type is set correctly (Address). If not change it to Address type and use this VC in your Map UX and check if itโ€™s correctly displays your desired pins.

Was able to solve problem via Alternate Solution.

I changed the Type back to Address and used the Auto Suggest field with the same formula I used before.

SELECT(Customers[Address], ([Name] = [_THISROW].[Pick Up Customer]), TRUE)

Works as intended and is displaying on maps again.

LeventK
Participant V

Glad to hear that @Jessy_Mrozowski. Thanks for the heads-up

Top Labels in this Space