Maps displaying multiple pins

c4j

Hi All,
I am able to search a database and have the filtered results returned, such as names, numbers and addresses within my app.
When I first created the app I was able to hit the map pin icon and the filtered result would display a map with an individual pin at the filtered address. This would then allow a route to be plotted through Google Maps to that individual address or location.
However for some reason whenever I do a search now and the filtered result is displayed I now receive a lot of pins surrounding the centre of the map.
I have a feeling I have de-selected a field or touched a button I shouldnโ€™t have but have so far been unable to fix the issue.
Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

0 12 2,036
  • UX
12 REPLIES 12

Can you show a screenshot of the screen and what you are clicking to get here? Maybe there is an issue there?

dan_R

Iโ€™m having the same issue. It was working great and all of the sudden, bam! All of the pins are showing up. The app is reading the column and including all of them, rather than just the dataset Iโ€™m working with, or the row. Did you ever get a solution?

Hi @dan_R can you give more insight on when this happens? Maybe screenshots or a little video?

dan_R

@Fabian, Thanks for checking this out.
So these are the screen shots. As you can see, I have a field called location. This one is selected but there is also one that happens when a picture is taken, to time/date and location stamp the image. This same issue happens no matter how the location is captured, manually or auto.

From the main screen, I select one of the loads from the list
That takes me to the load details page. From there, I click on the map or I can click on an icon, and it brings up a more detailed map. The second map shows all of the locations that are in the โ€œlocationโ€ cell of my spreadsheet. Itโ€™s as the system is reading the data from the columns rather than the row. Iโ€™ve been told that it is set that way by default, which I understand, for generating a view of static locations. However, I will be using it to document where trailers are parked, as well as documenting where a photo is taken of a damaged truck or trailer, so I can show it was already like that and where I was when I found it. To have it display all of the pins on the map wont work because I deliver several trailers to the same locations on a daily basis. It would get congested quickly. Also, it would be hard to tell the receiver where I parked a lost trailer, if I canโ€™t find it on the map.
3X_6_3_63ae6c7f7a8255b88ec4f3951d4f6a1fd62b56ca.png

dan_R

edited post

Hi @dan_R Yes, this is the normal behavior.
But I understand that this is not a good solution for your case.
You can do this:

• Copy the System Generated Action โ€œView Map (Trl Location)โ€

• Set the original to โ€œDo not displayโ€

• Edit the copyโ€™s target link to something like:

CONCATENATE(
    LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(Address Map View,[ID]=[_THISROW].[ID]),
    โ€œ&row=โ€,
    ENCODEURL([_THISROW])
    )

This will open a map with only this location.

See my sample App โ€œMap & XYโ€ in my portfolio:
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/549987

Well, that would work for me, but there isnโ€™t a system map, and when I created a new map view, it wonโ€™t let me change the field you referred to. (unless im in the wrong place)
I show this in that field and I canโ€™t edit it.
LINKTOVIEW(โ€œDrop Mapโ€) โ€ฆ or โ€ฆ โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/start/98a86838-a7dc-40ce-ae3f-f4e85cf3ea57#view=Drop%20Mapโ€

Sorry I corrected my post.
It should say:
Copy the System Generated Action โ€œView Map (Trl Location)โ€

Just have a look on my Sample App.

dan_R

I think Iโ€™ve got the lingo down, but I canโ€™t seem to be able to disable the sys generated view.
Suggestions?

dan_R

IT IS WORKING!!!

Thank you, thank you thank you.
doin the happy dance!

How do you linkview 2 map columns?, I have a column with addresses and another with GEO LOC coordinates, I wanna be able to see both location Pins on a single map

Top Labels in this Space