"Markdown" Column Type and/or Show-Column Category

GreenFlux
Participant V

The AppSheet forum uses Markdown to format text.

This feature request is for a new MARKDOWN Column-Type and/or Show-Column Category.

3X_d_2_d2c3df8ed975bfb11a8c8835118db4aaa905c7db.png 3X_8_7_87fe7ba5990be75da2599cae60cbd0d5c794e945.png

This would take a Text-Input from a Long-Text column or any expression that evaluates to a string, such as:
CONCATENATE("**",[Column1],"**", "-", [Column2]).

…then display the text with Markdown formatting applied.

Column1Value-Column2Value

Alternatively, the existing LongText column-type could have this added as a display option.

• Display Raw Text
  • Display in Markdown Formatting

Thanks for considering!

I think this would really add to the UI in detail views, and it would be awesome if it worked with email templates.

Status Open
11 6 650
6 Comments
cchristensen

+1, I need this feature as well.

GreenFlux
Participant V

@cchristensen , I actually started using Markdown for my own notes because of this forum. I’d heard of it before, but never had a regular use for it until the forum moved here from Google+.

If you like writing in Markdown, check out Obsidian.md.

Steve
Participant V

Yep, I’m a fan of markdown. too.

SkrOYC
Participant V

Fun fact (notice the sarcasm) we won’t see Markdown again on the community thanks to Google!

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

rhynot_ryan
Participant I

Allow for the use of markdown and/or HTML in the content of a show-type column, whether it be incorporated into the Text category or added as its/their own category(ies). The ability to format Show-type content in a more finely-grained manner than the blunt Formatting options (whihc applies to all content) would be fantastic.