Maths Expressions across tables

Hi
I’m trying to do a cross table maths expression. Expression using is " ([Installation Hours]*Rates[Markup labour Base Rate])".

But I get error Arithmetic expression ‘([Installation Hours]*Rates[Markup Labour Base Rate])’ has inputs of an invalid type ‘Unknown’

Unit Total Column which is where the above expression is going is - Type Number.

Markup Labour Base Rate - Type is Percent

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Blake

Solved Solved
0 11 822
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BlakeHammond
Below expression will suffice:
[Installation Hours]*ANY(Rates[Markup labour Base Rate])

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

You can’ refer to a math with a syntax like TableName[ColumnName]. I do understand that you have a Rates table, so you can refer to a single value with a LOOKUP() expression

Hi @LeventK

Thanks for your reply.

If I use a lookup can I still use it in maths equation?

@BlakeHammond
Sure thing. Below expression is valid and legit
[Installation Hours]*LOOKUP("SearchTerm","TableName","LookupColumnName","ReturnColumnName")

Thank you very much for your help. I will give it a go now

You’re welcome. Bear in mind that LOOKUP returns the very first record from a liste of items. Meaning, provided you are checking a column’s value where multiple “search string” resides in the rows of the lookup table, then the expression will only return the very first row’s value of the list.

The rates tables has the following values thats are updated depending on job.

Dollar Base Rate Dollar Markup Rate Euro Base Rate Euro Markup Rates Markup Equipment Base Rate Markup Equipment Markup Rate Markup Labour Base Rate Markup Labour Markup Rate
$1.26 €1.04 25%% 5.00% 25.00% 5.00%

@BlakeHammond
Do you have multiple rows in this table or only a single row of data? If it’s a single row then below expression will suffice:

just a single row with data that gets updated when producing a quote

@BlakeHammond
Below expression will suffice:

Perfect thank you.

You’re welcome.

Top Labels in this Space