Merge information from two tables

Hello Appsheet Community

I have:

1. Customers Table
  2. Sales Table
  3. Payments from Customers Table

I need to make a virtual column in Customers Table contain a Ref_Rows from two table (Sales & Payment) sorted by date.

Knowing: Sales and Payment table have a REF Column refer to [Customer ID] in Customers Table.

Iโ€™ve solved this problem by creating an additional Table using Query Function in google sheet, But that make the app more slower.

Is it possible to do it inside Appsheet?
Donโ€™t you think that it is an important feature?

Any Ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

0 4 388
4 REPLIES 4

LeventK
Participant V

Unfortunately you cannot combine reference data from 2 or more tables right at the moment.

Dear Levent,

Thanks for your reply.

It is always nice to talke withe people about AppSheet. very helpful chat.

I have tried a lot of ideas but none worked. However I have one idea that can work but still needs some development, and I would like to share it so others can contribute to developing and improving it till it works.

If we can make a list that contains reference data from both Sales & Payment tables as below:

{select (Sales Table[Total], [Customer ID]= [_THISROW].[Customer ID]),select (Sales Table[Note], [Customer ID]= [_THISROW].[Customer ID]);
select (Payments Table[Amount], [Customer ID]= [_THISROW].[Customer ID]),select (Payments Table[Note], [Customer ID]= [_THISROW].[Customer ID])}

Is it possible? Pleas advise.

Thanks again,

@Ahmed_Barakat
โ€œArithmaticallyโ€ for sure itโ€™s possible to create a list of items that is aggregated from different tables. However combining REFs from different tables is not possible AFAIK. Have you checked this for example?

Iโ€™ll waite for this changes to give it a try.

Thanks for your time and thinking along with me.

Top Labels in this Space