Missing Actions

I have actions showing on this view but I really want them showing on this view. I know how to keep them from showing on the Deck view but I can NOT figure out how to have them show on the Form view which is where I need them.

I’m probably missing something simple but I can’t figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

0 4 192
4 REPLIES 4

Actions are not allowed in form views to my knowledge.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Austin_Lambeth is correct: actions cannot occur on form views.

Thanks. I added a column to my table and keyed off it so I can run the actions safely from the deck view.

2X_4_49be68c61e424360491f13988d73f057087e672d.png

The column, Approved, starts out Empty. If the Admin marks it as Approved, then the Combo action will appear on the deck view which will copy the record to the other table and delete it from this table. If the Admin marks it as NOT Approved, the delete action, which I customized, will appear and the record can be deleted.

2X_3_35bc71c2e764980c03b527cc1ccdca72094dac5b.png

I added safety expressions so the actions will only appear when the correct Approved value is present.

Felt like I remembered hearing that in an old post somewhere. From the looks of it you’re just editing these 3 fields and saving? Could try making them all quick edit fields and then using a detail view instead. Could even keep the “Save” button as just a link to view button that also does a sync.

Top Labels in this Space