Monitor change to column

TimH

I have a table for users to record water quality monitoring parameters into.

At set time intervals (say 14 days) they need to calibrate the equipment.

I have put a Yes/No Calibrate column in which they will check when they calibrate it.

I have Created a CalDate column, with Type=ChangeTimestamp, and monitoring the Calibrate column for Yes.

So when they select Yes it will set the ChangeTimestamp column. This all works fine.

However, I want to be able to monitor the ChangeTimestamp value, and if itโ€™s > 14 days old, only then does it display the Calibrate Yes/No buttons.

I have a ShowIf expression in the Calibration column of

[CalDate]<(today()-28)

Two problems:

The CalDate text isnโ€™t displaying for some reason (Show is selected on). Not critical but it would be nice to view the last time it was calibrated.

The ShowIf isnโ€™t working. It worked when I hard coded in dates to test, but it appears itโ€™s not referencing the ChangeTimestamp correctly.

Any hints on how to get this working?

EDIT: Just noticed this should be seconds, not days, and use NOW() not TODAY(). Regardless, changing the 28 to 600 (10 minutes) doesnโ€™t work, but changing it to a large number eg 6000000 does work (the bigger number hides the buttons).

0 2 139
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Make sure the column is included in the list of columns to display in your deck, detail, and table views, and/or is included in the slice (if used) for your form view.

Note that a column with a blank value (e.g., before Yes is chosen the first time) will not be displayed by default.

Please post screenshots of the column configuration and of the complete Show_If expression.

Thanks Steve, but I found the problem (it was in my head, not the app):

I had a conceptual problem with ChangeTimeStamp. I was expecting the ChangeTimestamp variable to just exist, but obviously it only exists if someone clicks the Yes button (in my case).

Iโ€™ve instead made the CalDate field a calculated field

IF([Calibration]="Yes", Today(),MAX(WATER[CalDate]))

and Iโ€™ve set the showif expression for the Calibration Yes/No buttons to

[CalDate]<(today()-14)

So if someone clicks the Calibrate Yes button it sets the calibration date to today, and hides the Calibration button for 14 days. Works nicely.

AppSheet is a great product!

Top Labels in this Space