Monthly Invoice Generation

Hi there,

Very new to appsheet but very happy with it so far apart from an issue that im sure one of you will be able to help with.

I have done some research and found a few answers but nothing that answers my question.

Here is my issue. I need to generate a multi line invoice on a monthly occasion. I want to populate each line of the invoice with a row from a table (I think I need to use a start expression). Once the invoice has been generated i would also like it to add done or something to the table so the following months invoice doesnโ€™t include the previous months data. its that simple and iโ€™m sure i will kick myself when iโ€™m told the answer but I have really struggled to get this to work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Best

John

0 5 388
5 REPLIES 5

Whatโ€™s your table schema?
How your tables are referenced/related?
How do you/want to generate the invoice? Manually? Scheduled?
Please support your query with 1-2 meaningful screenshots as well.

Thanks for the super fast response.

Only the one table so very simple.

The generation is being handled by reports as it is monthly and i want it to be automatic. I have the timestamp in the table so running the report with a condition to only look at the rows of data within the last month should work?

The real question I suppose is what template syntax in my pdf will go through each row of the table and populate the row of the invoice. Attached is a screen shots of the table will only let me upload one image at a time.

Thanks again for the quick response and I hope that my ramblings make a little more sense.

Here is my template screenshot

Your template start expression shall be like this, assuming that you will be running a Scheduled Report at the beginning of each month for either the entire table or for each row.

<<Start: FILTER("InvoiceTableName",AND([Date] >= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-2)+1,[Date] <= EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)))>>

Provided thereโ€™s no any other reason, you donโ€™t need to explicitly mark the rows as Invoiced because the expression will filter away the table records between 1st of previous month and the last day of previous month.

This is precisely what i was looking for, thank you . Could you recommend any good recourses for templating like this?

Best,

John

Top Labels in this Space