Multi Select in Map View

We cannot do bulk select in map view

Here is a way to somehow multi select map pins.
Please see my Test App โ€œBulk Selectโ€ on my Portfolio.

When you select / deselect an pin, it jumps to the nearest next pin. With that you save one click
When youโ€™re done it jumps back to the detail view.

It uses the DISTANCE() expression to calculate the nearest pin. When you use XY (like in my sample) you have to convert the XY value to a LatLong. Simply by using a VC with column type LatLong.

3X_7_a_7a4437bde6fd6717b3cd6d9ac670f1510996c299.gif

5 6 490
6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Super nice !!! Thanks for sharing this !

@Fabian That is awesomeโ€ฆI assume this would function the same in a map view with lat,longโ€ฆBut for my use case - data sources with 20,000+ rows, I assume the expression would create too many issues. I would love to be wrong thoughโ€ฆ

Hi @Ryan_Wagner It does not calculate the nearest pin of every row. This would take too much time.
But when you select a pin, the ID will be written in the User Table. This is one row per user. Here in the User Table, the nearest Pin to the selected Pin is calculated.
So I donโ€™t think you will have problems with 20k rows.

Hi @tsuji_koichi I also use a deeplink action.

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("XY_Map",[Item]=[_THISROW].[Item])
&"&row="&ANY(User[Nearest])
&"&_zoom=1"

But the goal here is to go to the nearest pin.
How do you do that?
Can you please share your deeplink expression?

We are just moving to โ€œnext rowโ€, not taking into accout the distance. Once move the the end of row, then push back to the beginning.

OK I see. Thank you for sharing. This is a more easier way then my solution. When the rows are ordered. If not you will jump from side to side like watching a tennis match

Top Labels in this Space