Multiple dashboards with filtered slices in an App

edulk

Hi everyone,

I have a database with registered transactions as you can see in the table below (left side).

My App has multiple Dashboards that separate the transactions by Currency, where each Dashboard contains different slices (all of them with the same aim and behaviour, except the currency that changes depending on which Dashboard you are). You can see in the picture above (right side) a simple example where it has 2 slices and a Filter_Account (that applies the dashboard interactive mode).

My question is: Would I have to create a slice for each of the Dashboards like the right side of the figure above, i.e. 2 slices for โ€œDashboard_EURโ€ and 2 slices for โ€œDashboard_USDโ€?

Or would it be possible to create only a single Slice called โ€œSlice_Expensesโ€ and a single Slice called โ€œSlice_Revenuesโ€ and implement a function that filters by Currency and it will be activated when I click on a certain Dashboard?

I hope it is clear what I explained and I wish to achieve.

Anyway, I would guess it is not possible because we are working with slices which do not have a feature for โ€œLINKFILTERโ€, but I might be wrong, if anyone knows a solution I really would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Eduardo

0 5 933
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @edulk,

You may wish to take a look at the sample app below. The slice therein is based on filter based on enum with colors. You could base your filter on enum with currency (Euro and USD) . You could even have another enum for Expenses and Revenues. You can then have a combination of all four enum values to come up with a single slice with varying conditions.

If you have multiple users, your filter table may need to have multiple rows, one each for storing each userโ€™s filter settings.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=91266...

Edit: Minor correction in description.

edulk

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar,

Thank you for your answer.
Actually, I do have a filter like the โ€œred/blueโ€ from the sample you sent me, where I can choose the โ€œAccountโ€, whether it would be โ€œJohnโ€ or โ€œAnnaโ€.

Just to confirm what you said, you mean I should create a single Dashboard and the order of my โ€œViewsโ€ (UX) could be like that:

1 - Filter โ€œCurrencyโ€ -> choose between โ€œEURโ€ or โ€œUSDโ€

2 - Filter โ€œAccountโ€ -> choose between โ€œJohnโ€ or โ€œAnnaโ€

3 - Chart from a Slice with [Type]=โ€œRevenuesโ€ (Both previous filters would affect what is shown)

4 - Chart from a Slice with [Type]=โ€œExpensesโ€ (Both previous filters would affect what is shown)

Did I understand correctly?

Another question that Iโ€™m in doubt about these Filters (interactive dashboard), if I have 3 people in the โ€œAccountโ€ column, can I select two people simultaneously or it has to be a single selection?

Thanks!

Hi @edulk,

Yes, my reference was in response to your following requirement

In general, I believe you could create the filters that you have listed in the four points.

Regarding above, whether you wish to have charts or some other summary view such as table , I believe you should be able to do that based on slice you create.

For the above you could have enumlist for account names rather than enum, which will enable you to select multiple accounts.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar, I will create the multiple filters as you suggested.

Regarding the last question that you mentioned the enumlist feature in order to be able to select multiple accounts. I have a Google Spreadsheet (Table) with only the โ€œAccountโ€ names - as shown in the picture below - and they are related to other spreadsheets (Table), so the filter can work.

I switched from โ€œTextโ€ to โ€œEnumlistโ€ only the โ€œAccountโ€ column, but my Filter_Accounts (View) remains the same, i.e. I cannot choose two accounts simultaneously.

I changed the other columns from โ€œListโ€ to โ€œEnumlistโ€, but it gives errors and my Filter doesnโ€™t work anymore.

Anyway, thank you for your help and clarification.

hI @edulk,

I am sorry that I am unable to understand your current setup. In general, I believe , all these select options buttons should be in your filter table that applies filters to the slice based on those enum / enumlist selections in teh filter table.

If you are getting account names from an Accounts table for example, your expression for pulling in account names could be something like Accounts Table[Account Names] in valid_if of " Select Accounts" enumlist button in filter table.

I believe you may wish to build your filters step by step after confirming each indvidual part is working.

Top Labels in this Space