Multiple filters on interactive dashboard?

Can I have several independent filter views to filter down a list (before I select a detail view)?

There’s one data table, but I need to be able to filter by different columns. I understand it’s really easy to set up a single filter, but supposing I want the user to be able to select several dynamic filters. For example, I have a data table of 200+ dances, that I want to be able to filter down to a shortlist that meet, say, 3 criteria: I want to be able to select, from the same data list, dances that are suitable for 16 people to warmup to with a particular exercise type. Is it possible to have an interactive view for each of these that the user can quickly select, so 5 views in all (including shortlist and detail view).
The 3 filter enum tables would be, say:
Energy:
warmup, mild, energetic, thinker, (etc)
Exercise type:
line, circle, square, (etc)
No of dancers:
2,4,6,8,10 (etc)

I just want to know if it’s doable and how best to approach…
Thanks

0 7 1,609
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

@Dan_Longley

Use USERSETTINGS() to set up these parameters. Then make slices of all your panel’s data tables and make them be ‘filtered’ by the USERSETTINGS() params.

Recreate all the views in the dashboard to use these ‘special’ slices.

Add a view for the user settings parameters to the dashboard as well.

That sounds fab, I’ll take a look and report back. It would be really great if the interactive dashboard demo could be made to demonstrate this?

@Dan_Longley

Here’s a quick clip of one that’s currently in development…

Hi,

I need to have multiple filter/slice for my graph.
The filter should be able to filter NAME and DATE for my student attendance.
May I know how to do it?

Hi
I did make a cleaned-out copy of my app some time ago for another person, so I will share it with you, but it does seem to have broken somewhere The code should still be relevant though, and adding multiple filters is quite easy. If you look at the Session view, that’s where the multiple filter happens.

Let me have your email address and I’ll share it with you.

Actually, this direct browser link to my sample app might work for you: Multi-filters

Hallo Mr. Simmons

May I take a look your apps?

thank you

Top Labels in this Space