Multiple forms in Single app

i have created an app for inspections.

for different type of activities there are different forms or Tables or inspection forms.

i would like to create a single interface or dashboard where in there will be a list , using which the user can select which form he wants to use.

once he selects the forms , the respective form shall open & there would be save option at the end of the form.

i have created different spread sheets in google sheet & converted them in to forms in Appsheet.

Request your guidance.

0 8 1,968
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Raju_Tadepally Have a look at the Rig Inspection forms sample apps.
https://www.appsheet.com/SampleApps/Index/account

Thank you for the sample app. However i couldnโ€™t understand the following

1. How the โ€œcategoriesโ€ sheet view is linked to โ€œform category viewsโ€ sheet ?
  2. there is no link used in "form category view "in column โ€œAppโ€

please guide.

I am not familiar with this method of linking to other apps but perhaps I can offer a few observations that may be helpful.

First, in order to learn from sample apps like this one, I think you should copy it so that you have unrestricted access to all part of the app and the associated table.

Second, the key seems to be the โ€œAppโ€ column type:

If you look at the sheet, you can see the app names that are contained there:

2X_7_75c621c75b461096228a923ce4a2966a78aa32f4.png

If seems that the โ€œlinkโ€ is constructed automatically as a โ€œSystem action,โ€ perhaps when this column type is designated:

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Dear @Kirk_Masden , Thank you for the quick response. i hope i am not clear while conveying my point. the issue is as follows :

1. in the Rig check Inspection forms -1 App , there is a view called " Inspections. In the inspections view under the categories i.e. Emergency response , Electrical Safety Etc.
    2X_7_70a47a1489eb671886562feec76b88cb28cb95f3.png
    how the next level menus like Alarms & Shutdown , Emergency Equipment Etc. are linked ?

in laymans language , when i click the button โ€œEmergency Responseโ€ in Inspections View , How the Alarms & shutdown / emergency equipment table is opening with out giving any link in Inspections View / Table.

To be honest, I am new to this particular technique. Iโ€™m learning through this conversation. I think, though, that I was able to figure out how it is working.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this โ€œInspectioinsโ€ UX, you should see the following:

If you go to โ€œBehaviorโ€ to find the โ€œLinksโ€ action, you should see this:

I think the answer to your question is in th LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() expression.

As I say, Iโ€™m new to this particular technique. I havenโ€™t tried to build an app like this myself but I think Iโ€™m on the right track.

HI @Kirk_Masden,
i found a way to get this work.
in every sheet we have to give app link & then it gets nested to the next view.
Thank you for your guidance.
Raju

Hi @Raju_Tadepally and @Kirk_Masden Glad you got it work. Let me know if you have any problems.

Can you please give a detailed description of how you got it to work? I'm facing the same challenge.

Top Labels in this Space