Multiple Ref Rows Not Showing

EIG

Hello,
I am trying to use REF_ROWS() to show the same table multiple times. I will be filtering them differently later but for now, I am just trying to show the same thing multiple times. However, only the first ref_rows(), the system generated one, is showing up. My other virtual columns appear identical but do not show up on the form. What might I be missing?

Form:
2X_a_ad0f08cd19880b6e70d797f3d44e88bb89ad4a5d.png

0 7 1,572
7 REPLIES 7

EIG

I got two to show up but I donโ€™t understand how that happened. I canโ€™t reproduce it.

Form:
2X_7_71d5c0a29e4eba0399f321926b2fa15ded7c2ae9.png

The column in the other table that references this column in this table must have IsPartOf set to ON.

It is. That is how I got the first instance of the table to show up. I can add the other ref_row virtual columns but they only show up once I put data in. They wonโ€™t let me add data even though the first instance allows me to add data.

Hi @EIG
Check out this thread. I dont know if this applies to you but it may.

Yes, I think that explains that there is a limitation that it canโ€™t have multiple โ€œis a part ofโ€ refs. This seems to apply to Slices also. In other words, I canโ€™t just keep slicing it and then use that as a new โ€œis a part ofโ€ ref column. How can I accomplish this then without importing the same table 20+ times? I need 20+ filtered ref tables drop downs but each drop down will be filtered in a different way.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

More info in the Expressing Ownership Between Tables section here:

Hi guys, Any update on this???

I think I may have found a workaround, iโ€™m not familiar with slicers yet so i donโ€™t know if they apply.

If you use the one reference limit within appsheet then reference the column cells within Google sheets itself you will get the same outcome, this will allow you to set the type of column too. Only downfall is you will have to synch the app to show the updated data

Hope this helps

Top Labels in this Space