Multiple Selections from Referenced Table

Hello,

I have a Students table with a reference column for Classes. The column correctly displays a list of classes, and users can choose a class from the list. Then the Classes table will allow users to click on a class and see all associated students.

However, I want to be able to choose more than one class at a time.

I found this thread: Multiple Selection from Referenced Table

I tried the directions offered by Denis_Sanchez_Leyva and tsuji_koichi. Both methods did allow me to successfully choose multiple classes from the drop down in the Students table. However, with both options, when I open the Classes table, it shows there are no related students.

Is there a way to make this work so that when I select 2 classes for a Student, both class records in the Classes table will show the student as a related record?

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 2 217
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The system-provided Related โ€ฆ columns only occur when columns of type Ref are used; they are not provided when columns of type EnumList of Ref are used.

Iโ€™m not clear on what youโ€™re trying to accomplish with the interface, so I canโ€™t offer more guidance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The system-provided Related โ€ฆ columns only occur when columns of type Ref are used; they are not provided when columns of type EnumList of Ref are used.

Iโ€™m not clear on what youโ€™re trying to accomplish with the interface, so I canโ€™t offer more guidance.

That makes sense.

I may have misunderstood the linked thread. I was thinking that I could create an EnumList that would have the same functionality as a Ref column.

The goal is to have a Class table that lets a user click a class and see all associated Students. And I want users in the Students table to be able to assign a student to 2+ classes through an EnumList. Then that student would appear in the Related Records for each class.

I ended up creating two separate columns in the Students table. Class 1 and Class 2, both of which are Ref columns that link to the Class table. This seems to be working well, and accomplishes the same goal (thereโ€™s just an extra column, which isnโ€™t a big deal).

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space