Multiselect options for to tag statement from google sheets

I am looking to create multiselect options to code/ tag about 1000 review statements in a google sheet column. I would like someone to be able to select more than one tag from 3-5 options in category A, B, C, and or D. Ideally, the list options will be entered in a google sheet.

Data structure

Column A :timestamp

Column B: statements (text)

For each statement, I would like to select one or multiple tags from or more columns (Themes) containing tags.

Column C: multiselect drop down list with text tags for Theme 1 later be becoming comma separated after tags

Column ๐Ÿ˜ง multiselect drop down list with text tags for Theme 2 later be becoming comma separated after tags

Column E:multiselect drop down list with tags for Theme 2 later be becoming comma separated after tags

Column F: multiselect drop down list with text tags for Theme 3 later be becoming comma separated after tags

Column G: single select drop down list with 4 tags.

Analysis: After tagging I would like like calculate the frequency of tag/code applications as per total statements. Any ideas?

0 17 967
17 REPLIES 17

It isnโ€™t clear as to what you want to achieve. What data is the user looking at to choose the tags and what happens after tagging?

Sorry it was not clear. Just edited the question.

How is your sheet structured? What are the date types? How that tags need to be selected? etc.etc. Please give major details so that we may offer some โ€œhow-toโ€ guidance.

Updated the question. Hope itโ€™s much clearer

How do you want to perform that frequecy calculation? As per which criteria?

Frequency of tag as per total statements

Please exemplify. Cannot get what you are trying to do.

I do apologize but I have understood totally nothing from what you are trying to achieve . Basically do you want to count the number of occurences of each list item in Sheet1 from the results table? *i.e. total number of โ€œstoryโ€, total number of โ€œdurationโ€, total number of โ€œguestโ€, total number of โ€œrelatabilityโ€ in [Content Design] column and similarly for the rest of the columns? Is that what you want to achieve as a result?

So sorry! I would like to send users the statements, they will use the lists to tag the ideas or themes in the statement. Basically, qualitative analysis. In the examples, a user my interpret the statement to be talking about a story, or language, or character so they would tap/select the items on the shown on my the list. The selection will recorded in the sheet in th back end.i have already figured out the analysis part. I really interested in creating an app that can help users select options based on the statements.

Yes, thatโ€™s what I would like for the results

So for each list item in Sheet1 you need to construct a Virtual Column with a COUNT expression:

COUNT(
    SELECT(
        ResultsTable[KeyColumn],
        CONTAINS("Story",[Content Design]
    )
)

In total you need to construct 27 Virtual Columns. Bear in mind that this amount of VC, will increase your appโ€™s sync time.

Thank you for the suggestion. My biggest challenge is how I can construct an interface like this that gets data from google sheets. I already have the analysis sorted.

You canโ€™t get exacty this unfortunately. But the closest could be having an ENUMLIST field for each section/cateogry with text base and displayed as stack. Then assign a Detail View for this table, make slideshow mode ON and assign the section/category columns as QUICK EDIT fields.

Check the afore-mentioned concept with clicking on your username in the deck menu of my community sample app.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A โ€œmultiselect drop down list with text tagsโ€ is called an EnumList in AppSheet.

Have you tried creating an app yet?

Top Labels in this Space