My App has a set of grouped questions that ne...

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

My App has a set of grouped questions that need to be answered. The groupings are contained in a Menu view with a App deep link as action in a Deck view. Clicking on the question takes you to the detailed questionnaire. The questions are not answered in order. Its also important that all the questions (groupings) are answered per customer visited. Iโ€™m looking for a way to to mark every grouping as they are finished. This will help the user to see which groupings has been answered and which still have to be done. Does anybody have an idea how I can achieve this?

0 22 484
  • UX
22 REPLIES 22

Because you canโ€™t change the icon for your menu item (basically) dynamically, it could be better if you create your own menu view where you can change the icon with the status or you can even show it as a text. Deck view would be good for that purpose.

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio

I make use of this created Menu. Is this what you had in mind?

The default value is missing from the end.

help.appsheet.com - Conditional Expressions Conditional Expressions help.appsheet.com

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™ve managed to sort out the formula, unfortunately I dont see the expected status in the Note Column. See screenshots below. Am I missing something or is my expectation wrong?

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

Difficult to say because in your printscreen the last part of the formula is hidden. The NOTE field should be a virtual column, not a normal column as you have now. Otherwise you should open the record to see the change.

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™ve created a virtual column see screenshots below. Still no update

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

Have you added that status column to your deckview?

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes the Status (virtual Column) is in the Deck View

If the formula is correct then the result is emptyโ€ฆ or the formula is incorrect.

Correct

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio I have been digging to try and understand why I canโ€™t get the result that I should be getting. I noticed that in the Deck View All of the Columns appear in the Data section of the UX. None of the Columns has been marked as Hidden so in theory they should all appear in the Deck view. None of the Virtual columns appear. Any idea where I must look to fix this?

And the answer was missing โ€œSecondary headerโ€ option

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry for all the questions but Iโ€™m still learning. See below screenshot of the menu. What formula will you use to create a status for each row. When I click on any of the Menu items it takes me to a set of questions for customers. Customers must be selected via a drop down list (ref). I want to prevent the user from duplicating a question for a customer. Or at the least warn him that a section has been completed for a customer. Thanks for all the help

If you want to show the status, you could "calculate it with the virtual column and then show it as 2nd row in your deck view.

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio the menu items refers to different tables. How would you construct a formula in the menu table (virtual column) to generate a status result per line item when each line item refers to different unrelated tables?

For exampleโ€ฆ

SWITCH([ACTION], โ€œ1. Adminโ€,YourStatusFormula, โ€œ2. Displaysโ€,DifferentFormula, etc.)

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you. I relay appreciate the prompt response. This forum and the speed with which Appsheets responds sets it apart from any other platform.

Youโ€™re welcome

Pieter_Botha
Participant II

@Aleksi_Alkio Please have a look at the screenshot below. Iโ€™m doing something wrong

Top Labels in this Space